Southwest Airlines

163 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.

Airline Pilot (First Officer) Interview

Airline Pilot (First Officer)
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Interview Details – Fantastic process and people conducting the interviews. Really tried to sell their company to you as much as you were trying to sell yourself to them. Three part interview - Panel (one HR person and a pilot), Logbook review (one pilot), Line Oriented Interview 7 min scenario (two pilots). Great brief before it started by their Director of Hiring.

Interview Question – Have you applied with any other airline? (Tough question because you don't want to say yes, but being honest is important to me)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Question – Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Culture Activities Intern Interview

Culture Activities Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 3 people. It was a basic interview, nothing too difficult. It was more conversational and no behavioral/situational questions. They wanted to know more about yourself and why they should pick you.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be able to answer "why we should pick you" question.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – You pretty much have to know somebody in the group your applying for be a contractor

Interview Question – Interview was fairly standard and not very technical. They try to fit your personality more than your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – brief and any changes have to filter though 3 level of management.

Bwi Airport, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for FT Customer Service Rep at DCA, about a month and a half ago. Received a phone call to phone interview on 4/14. Phone interview was very easy! Majority questions about my previous work history. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to go to BWI for a F2F interview on 4/28.
*F2F*
The face to face interview was very easy as well. Interviewed with the recruiter who did my phone interview. The manager from DCA was also in the room but she didn't ask any questions, just listened. The interview was very fun and relaxed. The recruiter made me feel so comfortable because she was outgoing and enthusiastic. She asked about my work history again and asked behavioral questions as well. I answered all questions in star format. At the end of the interview the recruiter and manager from DCA stepped out to make a copy of my 2 forms of ID and college transcripts. When they stepped back in the room I was offered the job! Did my fingerprints and drug test the same day. Now all I'm waiting on is my background check to clear. (Not worried about that because I'm an angel lol) Does anybody know how long the background check process is? How long before training starts? I'm really anxious and excited to start :)!

Interview Question – How do you have fun at work?
How would you tell a customer no?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't try to negotiate.

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – The interview process was very long and it went months without hearing anything from Southwest Airlines. I first submitted my resume and then they called me five months later to let me know they were interested in me and wanted to see if I would do a phone interview the next day. I then had a phone interview the very next day scheduled and it went smooth. However, two weeks later they told me that there were other people more qualified.

Interview Question – Why did you choose the major you did?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Question – I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Phone interviews followed by in person interviews in Dallas with recruiter and members of department you will be working in.

Interview Question – Asked for specific examples of hard skills I mentioned   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview Details – Got a phone screening about three weeks after I applied. I applied on the dead line which was in October (I think)for spring semester. After talking to a HR manager on the phone I received a in person interview offer few days later. Visited them at their head quarter in Dallas. Everyone including HR people were very nice and interview was informal.

Interview Question – No technical interviews particulary. Interviewed with three people, one person from HR, two people from the team I was going to work with. I am a finance major and though the job I was applying involved some software programs such as VBA, EXCEL and ACCESS they did not ask any technical questions. I had to explain how proficient I am in those skills. Interview was very welcoming and interviewers were very patient throughout the interviews. Basically they explained me what my work was going to be if I were to work there and what my team does in daily basis. Most of the questions were behavior and some typical questions such as what my favorite class was in college and if I have taken any courses that might help with the work I will be doing.   Answer Question