Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very conversational phone interview when it finally happened. We played phone tag for almost a week. (Considering they had gotten 145 good candidates for 6 part time positions and have to vet each to move on to the next step, this was an arduous process to say the least).

Interview Questions

• What makes YOU the right person to hire?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application I believe one week prior. Was contacted on 8/5/15 to schedule a phone interview for 8/6/15. The Phone Interview was very brief. Interviewer was very nice. Asked the following questions: Why SWA? Why I left previous jobs? Could I meet the mandatory requirements for a Uniform? Sizes 0 - 22. Stated the wage and would that be acceptable? Was I willing to work nights, weekends and holidays? Was told I would hear by 8/11/15 if I made it to the next round. Phone Interviewer called me the following day, Friday, after 6 PM CST, to tell me that I had made it to the next round and that she would email me with details. My F2F was scheduled for Tuesday, 8/11/15. I arrived early at the airport to observe the interactions of the Customer Service Agents. I was interviewed on time, whereas other applications had been waiting over 30 minutes. I'm not sure why I went in front of them. My Interviewer was wonderful. His name was Roger. He made me feel very comfortable and this was one of the most relaxed interviews I have every encountered. Roger stated I should hear back by Friday, 8/14/15. I will try to update this review if it allows me to once I hear back from Southwest. I am very excited about this potential Career Change. Work Hard, Play Hard, Travel Hard! Good Luck to all of you Interviewing and I hope you find this Review helpful. Have a Wonderful Day!

Interview Questions

• The F2F Interview: Describe a Policy at your present or past companies you worked for that you disagreed with and how did you resolve it? How did you resolve a disagreement between you and a co worker? How did you handle an angry customer? What was your most stressful day?   1 Answer

SWA Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter to complete application with 10 year history Contacted the following day to schedule face to face Face to Face went very well. Was told I would hear by last week, however, have not received a decline letter or any other word. Called HR and they said it could actually take up to about 2 weeks. If I was requested to do Fingerprinting, I would go to Dallas. I've read different reviews on this Forum. Some say they were Fingerprinted right there and received Offer Letter. Others say it took weeks or months. I'm not sure what to think. Would really love this opportunity.

Instructor Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted by the People Department by phone to make an appointment for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told they would contact me to advise if I would or would not be called in for an in-person interview. It took about two weeks before they called to ask if I was still interested and to set a date/time.

Interview Questions

• Since I had been retired and out of the workforce for seven years they wanted to know why I wanted to go back to work.   Answer Question

Network Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview. Very chill experience. They do real job and focus more on details. Basically going through resume and pick there interesting points. Just be ready to show them who you really are and they will hire you if you are good candidate. Three person on site interview, one hiring manager and two department manager. Usually takes about 40 minutes. Good environment

Interview Questions

• Why southwest your favorite project/ class work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Hartford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online through Southwest website while the flight attendant was open in April 2015. Received email saying my application was successfully submitted the same day. 2 months later received an email with a link to fill out a lengthy application online and to expect a phone interview with the next two weeks. Received confirmation of application submitted the same day. Twelve days later received a call from a recruiter and interviewed, answering 7-10 open intended questions. Was told that if I move forward in the process I will receive a call within 3 week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a customer service issue and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied in first qtr 2015. Rec'd email questionnaire and consent for background check approx 4 weeks later. About a week later, rec'd call to set up phone interview the following day. 3 weeks later, I Rec'd a call for a f2f interview the next week. Rec'd email after 4 weeks thanking me for my patience and assuring me I would hear from Them soon. Rec'd a call last week on behalf of SWA from an ind firm hired to verify employment history. It has been 6 weeks. Waiting to hear. Interview was very relaxed. No pressure. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It was a fun experience. SWA pays for your flight to the interview. Interview was candidate and two HR people and one current FA. At time of interview, you are also fingerprinted and must pass a physical standards test which involves passing through an overwing exit, walking down a simulated aisle, and strapping into a jumpseat without adjusting the harness. Men must wear a 42 or smaller waist and women must fit in 0-18 size.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you experienced an emergency situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in April on the day they started accepting applications. It took them 4 months to schedule a phone interview. I thought I answered all the questions well, I received a TBNT s few days later. It was not a good experience. A third party conducted the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous jobs? Tell me a time you had a safety situation at work? Tell me a time you went over and beyond for a customer? why do you want to be a FA?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

Got my phone interview about three months after applying online. Was offered f2f at end of phone interview. A week later was called to arrange travel for end of month. Went to f2f. Wasn't asked a lot of situational questions (I was an FA before) but a lot of why I left last airline, why them, etc. They were friendly, but didn't give a lot of feedback. They said we'd hear something within a month. Still waiting...

Interview Questions

• How did you turn a disgruntled passenger around?   1 Answer

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called and told to expect a phone interview the next day. The phone interview included verification on past employment/unemployment periods and other questions. I was told to expect a call/email in the next 7-10 days if they selected me for a face to face interview. Nine days later, I was called and set up a face to face interview for the next week. I went to the airport for my interview and interviewed with 2 people, one from the people department and the other a manager over operations and ramp. I was told to expect a call/email the end of the next week. I received a call the next Wednesday offering me the position with information over the next steps. I had to do a drug test within the next 48 hours and fill out some paperwork for my background check. I also had to go back to the airport to sign more paperwork and get fingerprinted. I am currently in the middle of the background check process. Everyone, except the background check company, has been extremely polite and helpful. They have made sure I have known what is going on and have been very considerate. I can't wait to start working with them! With what little interaction I have had, I have gotten a glimpse as to how amazing the employees are at Southwest Airlines!

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest Airlines? Can you tell us what an operations agent does? Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and a stressful situation. Be able to answer why you would be a good asset to Southwest. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years? What would your previous employer say about you and what would you need to work on?   Answer Question