Southwest Airlines

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Internship Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions
    • Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question
    No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Flight Attendant Interview

Southwest FA hiring process is more interested in getting to know you. It's very relaxed. It's a panel of 3 that includes FA, FA Supervisor, and Recruiter. Pretty much ask questions based on the Star Format

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, interview was more like a conversation. I was asked why I wanted to be a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2010.

Simple. Show personality and the ability to be a team player, you're in. I;m sure you think I'm over diluting it but, no. They are looking to do more with less and a "can do attitude" will get you in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example of how you've given internal customer service   Answer Question
    union

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2014.

Long! I filled out my application December 2013 and did not receive an email until Thanksgiving 2014. I responded to the email by giving work history and current and previous addresses. Got a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later and immediately got a face to face interview in oakland . My phone interview was On a Thursday and my face to face in Oakland was that next Wednesday . I was so nervous, but upon arrival the atmosphere at the people department was great! Everyone was so friendly ! I did wait a while prior to my interview but was hired on the spot!
    While there I had to do a few simple tests , and gave my drivers license , college degree and social security card. Did my fingerprints and went for a drug screening the next day. Make sure there are no gaps and your app is filled out in its entirety. Background check took approximately two to three weeks. Now I'm off to training and cannot wait to start my career with southwest !

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you solve the situation   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer
    None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.