Southwest Airlines

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Had two phone interviews and then was flown to Dallas. I was asked to write a response e-mail to a customer scenario and then did an interview with two managers. Interview was great! Both managers were super friendly and did lots to put me at ease. They were easy going and made the interview fun.

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

After submitting application they called me for a phone interview a week later then setup a face-to-face interview a few days later. The interview was so easy. It was like chatting with an old friend and I don't remember her asking much about previous experiences and what not. Just chit chat.

Flight Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Awesome interview process. After submitting a personal essay and having a phone interview, the company flew me to Dallas for an in-person interview with four department managers. The interview was very low-key, but it allowed me to get to know the culture of Southwest while informing them of my best qualities. I was put up in a very nice hotel, which was an absolute joy for my poor college student sensibilities.

I received a job offer within about three weeks. They told me they'd get back to me within a week, so that was somewhat disconcerting not hearing from them. Once I'd gotten the offer, I submitted a background check and was officially hired within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that I can remember, honestly. The questions were all very cut and dry, given the entry-level position.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation, given that this was a temporary internship.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2012.

Was screened by the recruiter and invited for an onsite interview with the recruiting Sr. Mgr, Director and a HR rep. The interview questions were not hard and mostly related to leadership behavioral and some business strategy questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you bring the fun loving attitude to the team.   Answer Question
    2 rounds

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2014.

Schedule a time and one week later take a Phone interview with an HR person. Ask many questions about your resume, projects, classes, internship experiences, leadership experience. Questions are not so hard. No behavior questions, only regular interview questions. It is about 20 min. Then wait for the next process, on site interview.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions
    • Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question
    No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Safety and Security Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2014.

Recruiter phone call/interview highlighting that the resume had floated to the top and discuss the interest of relocating. A follow on face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager and recruiter followed by a panel interview with directors and VP.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself and how can you be a contribution to our company?   Answer Question
    • Please give us an example of when you were able to resolve opposing opinions by two separate departments to a common outcome or goal.   Answer Question
    • Based on your resume one is the one thing you feel your MBA has contributed to your professional career or one thing that stands out from its curriculum?   Answer Question
    • At Southwest by our values and mission statement have a very relaxed culture and atmosphere, how do you plan to unwind in this type of environment?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer (Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

A recruiter submitted my resume and I was initially told they were not interested. However two weeks later, the hiring manager (HM) wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview went well and took about 30 minutes. Before the call was over, the HM requested an in person interview for the next day. The next day, I met with the HM and a senior member of the network team. They asked me about my experience as shown on my resume. Also, asked me about my knowledge of different equipment in use as Southwest. I was very honest about my skillset strengths and weaknesses. About an hour after the interview I received a call from the recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. I was very comfortable with my knowledge and limitations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as the rate was set prior to the interview.

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2010.

Simple. Show personality and the ability to be a team player, you're in. I;m sure you think I'm over diluting it but, no. They are looking to do more with less and a "can do attitude" will get you in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example of how you've given internal customer service   Answer Question
    union

Material Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Simple, behavioral, resume driven. They asked more about my previous work, project I did, challenges I faced, How can i help them,why southwest airlines. Which skills I have, do i have airline background, from when I can start