Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

Crew Tracker Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Applied online, received follow-up a few weeks later asking me to send a "Why Southwest?" essay and a current resume. After that, was contacted for a phone interview and then was flown to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.

Technical Operations Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Had a phone interview. Asked about what my major was, why i chose southwest, what my favorite, hard and easy classes were. Asked me to explain why I enjoyed or found difficulty with those classes. He also asked to describe one of my jobs from my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2012.

Phone interview followed by panel interview
    Panel interview is a series of "what if" questions which might or might not pertain to your experience
    The panel consists of the Team and the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a difficult manager/project/team - explain   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Submitted resume online, got a call for a phone interview a few months later. Phone interview was very laid back and easy. Asked questions about my previous work experience, as well as why I left former jobs. They sent me on to the next step which was F2F interview. Southwest flies you to your interview and flies you back. Which is a plus in this industry! Interview was easy and laid back. Asked questions about why I want to be a FA, and work for Southwest, etc. Also asked to name a situation in which I had an angry customer and how did I handle it.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the most challenging part of working as a Flight Attendant?   View Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Technical Writer/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2013.

After submitting a resume online, a recruiter called me for a brief conversation about my college experience and why I wanted to work for Southwest. He followed up with a second phone call requesting I come in for a face-to-face interview, where the recruiter facilitated the 45-minute interview with the department head. I took an editing test (the position requires knowledge of editing marks, proofreading, and grammar) in a separate room after the interview, and heard back from the Company a month later. The process is very seamless, but few people get called back. If the phone rings from Southwest, answer it.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult college course?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Sent in resume December 2013 and received an email stating I would receive a call with in 2 a weeks. Received the call 3weeks later and it was the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Vague question was" Tell me about customer service. ". Caught me off guard as there was nothing specific regarding the subject . I was informed that I would receive an email if I would go on to the face to face interview.   Answer Question