Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2014.

Phone screen then flown out for in person interview. No coding. When they say they will get back to you in a certain timeframe they mean it. You'll never be left wondering if you will be moving forward or not.

Interview Questions
    • Be yourself and have fun. They want you for who you are, not necessarily your expertise. They know they can mold the right person and teach you what you don't know.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2013.

Phone screening, face to face with team and hiring manager. Provided example of projects and role. Describe difficult situation and how I handle it. Ask how I would handle a difficult user, difficult assignment or difficult boss

Interview Questions
    • none, asked for experience and back ground and situational questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation, agency and I pre set the rate

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Received a letter to come for an interview....I had one interview and was hired that day. Went for drug screening and was called for a class date a month later.

Take whatever they offer if you want the job.

Airline Pilot (First Officer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Fantastic process and people conducting the interviews. Really tried to sell their company to you as much as you were trying to sell yourself to them. Three part interview - Panel (one HR person and a pilot), Logbook review (one pilot), Line Oriented Interview 7 min scenario (two pilots). Great brief before it started by their Director of Hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Have you applied with any other airline? (Tough question because you don't want to say yes, but being honest is important to me)   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   View Answer
    None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Questions
    • Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Culture Activities Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

The interview consisted of 3 people. It was a basic interview, nothing too difficult. It was more conversational and no behavioral/situational questions. They wanted to know more about yourself and why they should pick you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be able to answer "why we should pick you" question.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Initial Phone call interview, if passed, they will invite you to a group interview with 25+ people. They are asking questions and going around the room. They are talking turns talking with everyone. They will leave the room and watch you on video from another room to see how you interact. They are looking for outgoing talkative people. Look sharp! Ladies wear a suit too! Look like a flight attendant! Full hair and Make up. Guys look shgarp! No facial hair. Short hair, clean cut. You SHOULD know that day if they send you to the next step. They may ask you to stay for a one on one, or they will call you back in for a one on on. Don't worry if you don't find out that day. If you don't hear from them in a week. You most likely didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • They use STAR system so be PREPARED! They ask random quesations like tell me about a most difficult customer exprience, most irate customer and how you handled it. They want people who don't need conatant supervision and can get along well with others. NO AND LOW DRAMA. They are focusing on your customer service skills!   Answer Question
    They offered me the inflight class with pay , 30 days in Dallas, three main meals are taken care of, snacks and laundry facilities are not. it was like $1000 total and you don't get paid until you leave. You arent gauranteed to get position until you graduate. Then thats when you get the offer. I think it now starts at $21 something an hour.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

You pretty much have to know somebody in the group your applying for be a contractor

Interview Questions
    • Interview was fairly standard and not very technical. They try to fit your personality more than your knowledge.   Answer Question
    brief and any changes have to filter though 3 level of management.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bwi Airport, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bwi Airport, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Applied for FT Customer Service Rep at DCA, about a month and a half ago. Received a phone call to phone interview on 4/14. Phone interview was very easy! Majority questions about my previous work history. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to go to BWI for a F2F interview on 4/28.
    *F2F*
    The face to face interview was very easy as well. Interviewed with the recruiter who did my phone interview. The manager from DCA was also in the room but she didn't ask any questions, just listened. The interview was very fun and relaxed. The recruiter made me feel so comfortable because she was outgoing and enthusiastic. She asked about my work history again and asked behavioral questions as well. I answered all questions in star format. At the end of the interview the recruiter and manager from DCA stepped out to make a copy of my 2 forms of ID and college transcripts. When they stepped back in the room I was offered the job! Did my fingerprints and drug test the same day. Now all I'm waiting on is my background check to clear. (Not worried about that because I'm an angel lol) Does anybody know how long the background check process is? How long before training starts? I'm really anxious and excited to start :)!

Interview Questions
    • How do you have fun at work?
      How would you tell a customer no?
        Answer Question