Southwest Airlines

2.8

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Applied online October 8th. Was called October 19th for a phone interview appointment for the next day. Had my phone interview as scheduled; the interviewer was very friendly and fun. At the conclusion of the interview, I was PROMISED I would hear back by phone or email within TWO weeks as to whether I was among the fortunate few that would be moving on to an in-person interview. Two weeks passed and no notice. I let it go because I know they were phone-interviewing approximately 400 of the 800 who applied (I asked). Another week went by and still no response. So I emailed the woman who first contacted me by email with no response. I called the woman who interviewed me, but her voicemail answered. Three days later I finally got the rejection email. All told, the entire process from application to rejection was 40 days, and included 13 days of not receiving the correspondence I had been promised.

Nevertheless, I still respect SWA and will be a regular customer of theirs in the future. Truth be told, I wasn't going to be a good fit for the job. I just was willing to do the grunt work for 12-24 months to eventually post out to positions that would fit me better.

Interview Questions
    • Same standard phone-interview questions so many others have posted here... no surprises if you read the other postings and be ready to answer those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

I applied online a month ago and received a phone call last thursday. Friday she called me back and gave me a phone interview. She told me they would let me know in a few days their decision. I dont know if that is a good thing or bad thing. I have prior airline customer service experience and also flight attendant experience. I also went to a travel and tourism school which also trained in airlines. I am hoping to get the call for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • what did I know about Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Could I describe what an Customer Service representives duties include.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2011.

Was a long process, some people say it is harder to get a job with southwest then to get into an ivy league school (percentage wise at least). The 1:1 interview was the easiest part, the background check you have to wait for is the real pain.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2009.

Promoted from within - 2 interviews / focused on direct interaction with people and solving problems to avoid complaints and how resolved. Process takes aprox 3 weeks, after which you will travel several times for various "training" reasons. First interview is general phone interview after which you will interview with Station manager. Much of the same questions asked at each.

Interview Questions
    • Must provide specific details of events related to customer service solutions in a past situation - both positive and negative outcomes and be prepared to provide answers for "what would you do if" & "what could you have done to make this situation better".   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they make offer and you take it or leave it.

Aviation Maintenance Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2012.

First, there was a phone interview where the recruiter asked general behavioral questions. About a week later, I was invited to an interview in Dallas at their headquarters. This interview was with the same recruiter on the phone, as well as two managers. I was asked pretty much the same questions I was asked in the phone interview. When I was called back to be notified that I didn't get the internship, the recruiter let me know that it was because my interests did not seem to coincide with the position.

Tax Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

received an email from HR dept. asking for my resume and got a call from them to make an appointment for the phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 mins long. The recruiter was very friendly and professional. She introduced the requirement of the position first and continuously verify whether I have enough experience. After one week, I got an email notice. Overall, they need someone with previous tax experience( better to be work experience).

Senior Planning Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Started with a phone interview and then two in person interviews (3-4 people in each) followed by a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2010.

I had a phone interview last week and was offered a one on one interview on the spot. today (april 14th) was my one on one interview and it went well, but i know how hard it is getting an offer and dont know if i have enough experience for their liking. At the end of the interview she said she has more interviews the next 2 days and i will hear back in a week or two. Is that normal or should I be worried? would like to hear someone with experience take on this. my email is chitownsfynest3@gmail.com. thank you

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2009.

Very personable phone (behavioral questions) interview. Flew back to headquarters for a subsequent interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the internship side :)