Southwest Airlines

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.8

Tax Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

received an email from HR dept. asking for my resume and got a call from them to make an appointment for the phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 mins long. The recruiter was very friendly and professional. She introduced the requirement of the position first and continuously verify whether I have enough experience. After one week, I got an email notice. Overall, they need someone with previous tax experience( better to be work experience).

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Initially applied online. Two weeks later received email from a recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interview was just the recruiter speaking about the internship and the next step. No questions. A week later received an email from another recruiter saying that I would be flown out to Dallas and had to write an essay titled "Why Southwest?" before my interview. Had an in-person interview at headquarters with recruiter and member of technical team a few weeks later since I was on holiday break. Asked me questions about how I would solve different problems and why I wanted to intern at Southwest. Everyone was very friendly and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to intern in the Technology Department at Southwest?   Answer Question

Had another offer

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2010.

Applied on line and heard back in a few days and was given a very friendly and easy phone interview, then offered a face-to-face. Got to my interview 30 minutes early and still had to wait for an hour. Everyone was very friendly and nice, but the office was very dated and all the cubicles were packed together in tight rows. The interviewers were very friendly. I did some research before I went and learned that they receive over 200K resumes yearly and hire 1% of those. Two weeks later I got a denial email which again was very courteous. They are obviously very aware that everyone is a potential customer and try not to upset anyone. Casual and warm environment.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Got a phone call from the HR department to setup a phone interview. The next day I received an email with further information about how the interview process would work. A few days later was my interview. The phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes, consisted of an explanation of the internship and benefits. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly.

No Limits Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2011.

I applied online for a 2011 summer internship in November 2010.
    Then, in February, I had a quick basic phone interview, consisting mainly of behavioral questions.
    About two days later, I was told I made it to the next round.
    A week or two later, they flew me (on Southwest of course) to Love Field where I had my second round interview which was a panel. The questions were both behavioral and situational. They required all candidates to submit a "Why Southwest" essay and 2 letters of recommendation.
    I flew to Love Field on a Friday and I got the offer on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you displayed a "fun-LUVing" attitude.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

I applied online a month ago and received a phone call last thursday. Friday she called me back and gave me a phone interview. She told me they would let me know in a few days their decision. I dont know if that is a good thing or bad thing. I have prior airline customer service experience and also flight attendant experience. I also went to a travel and tourism school which also trained in airlines. I am hoping to get the call for the next step.

Interview Questions
    • what did I know about Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Could I describe what an Customer Service representives duties include.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

Applied online via Southwest website. Recruiter contacted me for an unscheduled brief phone interview. During phone interview: I was asked about call center experience, informed of salary starting at $10.80hr + union dues and work hours-schedule varies between 5:00AM-3:00AM, shifts based on seniority. Face to face interview scheduled. During in person interview: asked about handling irate customers, how I build rapport with co-workers, handle constructive criticism, multi tasking, delivering bad news to customer. Offered position immediately following interview, drug test, extensive background check with 10 years work experience. Background check lasted 2 weeks before job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe situation where you had to deliver bad news and how did you satisfy customer?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate due to union base starting pay. Benefits offered are good parents and dependents fly free on standby, overtime paid at time and 1/2 only if required by supervisor. Regular hourly salary paid if overtime consists of picking up co-worker shift. Responsible for cost of headset $50.00.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2010.

I had a phone interview last week and was offered a one on one interview on the spot. today (april 14th) was my one on one interview and it went well, but i know how hard it is getting an offer and dont know if i have enough experience for their liking. At the end of the interview she said she has more interviews the next 2 days and i will hear back in a week or two. Is that normal or should I be worried? would like to hear someone with experience take on this. my email is chitownsfynest3@gmail.com. thank you

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

I had a phone interview with southwest airlines. At this time, I have been asked to come to an information session. Im not certain if this will be a panel interview, they just said information session. I was hoping to find out infomration on what to expect.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2009.

Very personable phone (behavioral questions) interview. Flew back to headquarters for a subsequent interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on the internship side :)