Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Interview

They e-mail you once they get your application to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 minutes and they just ask the basic questions. My phone interview started an hour late so it was also cut shorter because of that. If you make it past the phone interview then you go to Dallas for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your biggest weakness? What is your greatest Strength? Why do you want to work at Southwest?   Answer Question

Material Store Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple, behavioral, resume driven. They asked more about my previous work, project I did, challenges I faced, How can i help them,why southwest airlines. Which skills I have, do i have airline background, from when I can start

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

Interview

Sent in resume December 2013 and received an email stating I would receive a call with in 2 a weeks. Received the call 3weeks later and it was the actual phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Vague question was" Tell me about customer service. ". Caught me off guard as there was nothing specific regarding the subject . I was informed that I would receive an email if I would go on to the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Several phone interviews, then face-to-face interview in Dallas. I had a very positive experience meeting a panel of employees from the market planning department in person. Recruiters were very friendly, both on the phone and in person.

Interview Questions

• Interesting question about the intersection of Southwest and the arts.   Answer Question

Airline Pilot (First Officer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Fantastic process and people conducting the interviews. Really tried to sell their company to you as much as you were trying to sell yourself to them. Three part interview - Panel (one HR person and a pilot), Logbook review (one pilot), Line Oriented Interview 7 min scenario (two pilots). Great brief before it started by their Director of Hiring.

Interview Questions

• Have you applied with any other airline? (Tough question because you don't want to say yes, but being honest is important to me)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You pretty much have to know somebody in the group your applying for be a contractor

Interview Questions

• Interview was fairly standard and not very technical. They try to fit your personality more than your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

brief and any changes have to filter though 3 level of management.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly. One phone interview with hiring manager. Face to face interview at corporate headquarters with recruiter, hiring manager, and another team member. The other team member didn't look at me during the entire interview which made me feel awkward and uncomfortable. Giving a negative experience because of this interviewer (non responsive or interested).

Interview Questions

• Do you take things personally?   1 Answer

I declined because I applied for a full time position, but they only offered me contract (3 to 6 months) - same pay, but no benefits. Drive too long.

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then was flown to Dallas. I was asked to write a response e-mail to a customer scenario and then did an interview with two managers. Interview was great! Both managers were super friendly and did lots to put me at ease. They were easy going and made the interview fun.