Southwest Airlines

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Process started with a phone call from recruiter with invitation the very next day with an panel consisting of the operations supervisor, station manager and the recruiter. Interview went well, the panel were very professional and you can feel the enthusiasm that they had working for Southwest. There were no real difficult or unexpected questions during the interview. After the interview the recruiter informed me that if I received a phone call the position would be offered and if I received an email no offer. I asked the recruiter for interview feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Operations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

I received an email with information about the position, asking me to reply with a phone number to talk to a recruiter. I spoke with the recruiter who provided more information about the position and confirmed that the salary, requirements, scheduling (nights, weekends, holidays) was okay. She asked why I wanted to work for Southwest and we went over my previous employment history. She needed to confirm if the 'start date' could work around a previous obligation I had, so she said she needed to call me back. She called and said it would be fine and scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. I went in for my interview and received a 'thanks, but no thanks' letter 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite previous job/ What did you like most about it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • What would your previous employer say about you? What would they say you needed to work on?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond the call of duty at work.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a stressful situation at work; how did you handle it?   Answer Question