Southwest Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online October 8th. Was called October 19th for a phone interview appointment for the next day. Had my phone interview as scheduled; the interviewer was very friendly and fun. At the conclusion of the interview, I was PROMISED I would hear back by phone or email within TWO weeks as to whether I was among the fortunate few that would be moving on to an in-person interview. Two weeks passed and no notice. I let it go because I know they were phone-interviewing approximately 400 of the 800 who applied (I asked). Another week went by and still no response. So I emailed the woman who first contacted me by email with no response. I called the woman who interviewed me, but her voicemail answered. Three days later I finally got the rejection email. All told, the entire process from application to rejection was 40 days, and included 13 days of not receiving the correspondence I had been promised.

Nevertheless, I still respect SWA and will be a regular customer of theirs in the future. Truth be told, I wasn't going to be a good fit for the job. I just was willing to do the grunt work for 12-24 months to eventually post out to positions that would fit me better.

Interview Question – Same standard phone-interview questions so many others have posted here... no surprises if you read the other postings and be ready to answer those questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2011.

Interview Details – This was my 2nd interview in 2-years; SWA is the ONLY company I want to work for. I did a lot of pre-interview prep. After phone interview, I was moved on to the 1:1 which went very well. Interviewer was very personable, fair and friendly. But not easy!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None.

Customer Service Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online via Southwest website. Recruiter contacted me for an unscheduled brief phone interview. During phone interview: I was asked about call center experience, informed of salary starting at $10.80hr + union dues and work hours-schedule varies between 5:00AM-3:00AM, shifts based on seniority. Face to face interview scheduled. During in person interview: asked about handling irate customers, how I build rapport with co-workers, handle constructive criticism, multi tasking, delivering bad news to customer. Offered position immediately following interview, drug test, extensive background check with 10 years work experience. Background check lasted 2 weeks before job offer.

Interview Question – Describe situation where you had to deliver bad news and how did you satisfy customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate due to union base starting pay. Benefits offered are good parents and dependents fly free on standby, overtime paid at time and 1/2 only if required by supervisor. Regular hourly salary paid if overtime consists of picking up co-worker shift. Responsible for cost of headset $50.00.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with southwest airlines. At this time, I have been asked to come to an information session. Im not certain if this will be a panel interview, they just said information session. I was hoping to find out infomration on what to expect.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines interview questions and advice in Phoenix, AZ. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.