Southwest Airlines

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1. They send me an email for an updated resume
2. Phone me for a phone interview time
3. Phone interview of about 20 minutes: going through resume, why swa, why this position. 4. On site of 30 min which consisted of HR + 3 managers .
5. They call me to tell me that i was accepted
6. Drug test and background check
The whole interview and acceptance process was within 2 weeks. Everything went to fast . SWA are really friendly and makes the whole process easy for interviewees, you wont feel unwelcome or nervous.

Interview Question – Why SWA. Why this position. Which was the class that you liked most. Which class you like least. What is your experience with SAP. Talk about experience in previous jobs. Ask extracurricular activities.
Know your resume !
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need of negotiation. Money is not as important as the experience that one will get. They are a great company to learn from.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview that lasts about 5-7 minutes, very simple straight forward, academic curriculum kind of questions.
If selected you go to corporate office for an interview with 3 people. Hr, director and manager from the department.
Lot of behavioral questions on weaknesses, group leadership, ask you for an essay.
Resume questions, why south west, why purchasing, why should we hire you, what would you be doing in the long term.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, please go after this internship since learning matters more than earning for interns. Great atmosphere, great culture and relaxed parties every week.
Southwest is the best place to work in my opinion, you do not see companies like SWA in today's picture. Out of 5000 applicants 50 get selected.

Dallas, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very straight forward. I got a phone interview first thing in the morning and passed. Basically just a once-over of the resume and any questions SWA had about it. The panel interview was with 2 department heads and an HR rep. We went over behavioral questions and skill questions. Not too hard.

Interview Question – Give an example of when working in a team wasn't working. How did you overcome this? What was the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. This internship regularly has over 10K applicants. If you don't comply they're on to the next one.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines Purchasing Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.