Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines
- Ramp Agent (45)
- Customer Service Agent (39)
- Intern (26)
- Flight Attendant (20)
- Internship (8)
- Customer Care Representative (8)
- Customer Representative (6)
- Operations Agent (6)
- Analyst (5)
- Systems Engineer (4)
- Senior Analyst (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Marketing Intern (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Purchasing Intern (3)
- Culture Activities Intern (3)
- Meteorology (2)
- No Limits (2)
- Customer Support & Services (2)
- Corporate Tax (2)
- Provisioning Supervisor (2)
- Ramp Agent Service (2)
- Intern - Hourly (2)
- Senior Business Analyst (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Aircraft Mechanic (2)
- Software Engineer (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Technical Operations (2)
- Communications (2)
Purchasing Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2012.
1. They send me an email for an updated resume 2. Phone me for a phone interview time 3. Phone interview of about 20 minutes: going through resume, why swa, why this position. 4. On site of 30 min which consisted of HR + 3 managers . 5. They call me to tell me that i was accepted 6. Drug test and background check The whole interview and acceptance process was within 2 weeks. Everything went to fast . SWA are really friendly and makes the whole process easy for interviewees, you wont feel unwelcome or nervous.
- Why SWA. Why this position. Which was the class that you liked most. Which class you like least. What is your experience with SAP. Talk about experience in previous jobs. Ask extracurricular activities. Know your resume ! Answer Question
No need of negotiation. Money is not as important as the experience that one will get. They are a great company to learn from.
Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines
Purchasing Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.
Phone interview that lasts about 5-7 minutes, very simple straight forward, academic curriculum kind of questions. If selected you go to corporate office for an interview with 3 people. Hr, director and manager from the department. Lot of behavioral questions on weaknesses, group leadership, ask you for an essay. Resume questions, why south west, why purchasing, why should we hire you, what would you be doing in the long term.
- Nothing unusual. Answer Question
No negotiation, please go after this internship since learning matters more than earning for interns. Great atmosphere, great culture and relaxed parties every week. Southwest is the best place to work in my opinion, you do not see companies like SWA in today's picture. Out of 5000 applicants 50 get selected.
Purchasing Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.
The hiring process was very straight forward. I got a phone interview first thing in the morning and passed. Basically just a once-over of the resume and any questions SWA had about it. The panel interview was with 2 department heads and an HR rep. We went over behavioral questions and skill questions. Not too hard.
- Give an example of when working in a team wasn't working. How did you overcome this? What was the results. Answer Question
No negotiations. This internship regularly has over 10K applicants. If you don't comply they're on to the next one.