Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

The process was easy going. I was contacted by a recruiter and given an initial phone interview. Then the recruiter gave me a date and time for my face-to-face interview. It was easy to find where I needed to go, because when I arrived at the airport I just explained to one of the customer service agents at the ticket counter what I was there for. They contacted the necessary personnel and gave me instructions as to where I would wait. After a few minutes of waiting, a manager came to get me and I was taken to a private conference room for the interview.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked was, "Why choose Southwest Airlines?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The F2F interview was easy going, there were two people involved, one was from people's department in Southwest the second was a senior ramp agent, we sat around a small circular table and they asked a few questions. They mentioned southwest's three characteristics, of which I only remember warrior spirit. They asked how would u describe yourself with those characteristics.

Interview Questions

• Why southwest? Tell us about your previous jobs? Tell us how you make your job fun?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Elk Grove, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was a little token off on no additional work experience could be added and the rush of the interview. I wasn't able to vocalize how much experience I have in similar duties. And I wasn't asked specific questions. Almost felt doomed from the start. Entirely too fast less than ten minutes. I couldn't express I took a ramp agent communication course. He was a really nice gentleman off interview but cold during interview time and real short.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience with each employer? -Strictly only his choice he had on his documents   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the position online. I got a call a couple weeks later from a recruiter who told me that I needed to fix a few things on my application so she could schedule me for a 1 on 1 interview. She never answered anytime I called but she always returned my call within a few hours. The the 1 on 1 interview took awhile because there were a lot of people. But I finally got a 1 on 1 and he liked my responses to his questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you exceeded expectations of your co-workers   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2015.

Interview

Once I completed on-line application and phone interview, I was notified by my recruiter I was scheduled for my f2f with HR manager and supervisor. The moment I entered the SWA facility, I knew I was in the right place. I was greeted by personnel with big smiles and felt the positive atmosphere. I was interviewed by HR manager and ramp supervisor. The entire interview took an hour to complete, I had a great experience interacting with the HR department. I completed all the documents required for my access badge, background investigation and finger printing. I was also told to frequently check my emails, an will I will be scheduled to take a UA test. All in all, it is a due process and you will have to be patient. If you have a criminal history or abused drugs in the past, the investigating company will find out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your strength's & weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on line for Ramp Agent in Nashville, TN.. Received an email asking for me to complete an in depth application with 10-year work, education and address history. After completing the application, I then completed my phone interview about 30-45 mins later. Was informed that there are over 100 applicants for the few positions. So I should look forward to an email or phone to see if I'll be moving forward to the face to face in 2 weeks located in Nashville, TN.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest? Why did I leave certain jobs?What was my most phsically challenging job?Where do I see myself in 2-5 yrs? Am I capable of fulfilling the duties the job entitles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

In person interview was conducted at an office offsite. Layout was setup like a gate area. Reception staff were very friendly and make you feel welcome. Interview questions went over the basic job responsibilities. After the questions they discuss your previous work history.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

I have a strong work ethic, I work well with others, I'm responsible and respectful, I'm reliable and trustworthy I can lift up to 70 pounds, I'm consistent and I take pride in my work

Interview Questions

• The interview went well they asked me why would I want to work for southwest   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month or two ago and I had the telephone interview and it went well but unfortunately I received an email saying they already made the decision and it wasn't in my favor. Needless to say I didn't give up, I applied two more times and I received an email asking me to fill out my employment history and I did that immediately and then some lady emailed me asking me if I would be interested in a interview and of course I was. So today I went for the interview and I had a ok time it was just a normal interview and I answered all the questions as profoundly as possible lol. So me and the interviewer hit it off had some fun she told me she would let me know after 2weeks when they do my background check. I believe I got th job! It was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work any shift? Shifts are based on seniority so you do not get to make your own schedule but you are required to show up for all shifts.   6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a lady call me a week later for a phone interview , did a phone interview, then waited for a while and got a phone call 3 weeks later, very nice person and I am going in week for a face to face interview in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with southwest airlines?   1 Answer