Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application. A couple days later I got an email to fill out a more detailed online application. I was called for a phone interview the next week. I was scheduled for a face to face interview the following week. I went to the face to face interview and was interviewed by an HR person and a ramp agent supervisor. They asked me about my work history, the duties of the position, three qualities a ramp agent should have, my willingness to do mandatory OT and shift work, my past experience with OT and shift work, how I handled a disagreement with a coworker, what I thought the most difficult part of the position was, and more. They said they had more interviews to do this week and would get back to me next week regardless if I was hired or not They were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 qualities important to a ramp agent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Signed up online, received phone call day later. Then was requested for F2F. The F2F was planed 2 weeks later. Interview consisted with HR person and other employee.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation dealing with a problem in a group.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, than a phone interview followed by a face to face with 2 interviewers and a ramp supervisor. The next step was fingerprinting followed by background check and a drug test a week later. The process took about two & a half weeks.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After a few phone interviews I was invited to a face-to-face interview. They were busy and I had to wait about 30 minutes after my scheduled interview time. There were 5 people in the interview room: 1 person in charge of hiring, 2 supervisors, and 2 people taking notes. It was friendly and I enjoyed the interview.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Best to apply online. Just be yourself and once you get in the company you can move around both position wise and location. There is also a 6 month probation time. Huge background check.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of overtime to work and they have what they call "mandatory overtime" so be ready to work the holidays at first.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2014.

Interview

got a call from one of the recruiters and he was rushing the call. asked me about my previous jobs and asked me simple questions of how i would handle different scenarios then he said he would let me know the next week for a face to face so im waiting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

s low pay and no negotiation

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard and simple. Applied and got a call about a week later and did a 10 minute phone screen which ended with scheduling a face to face a couple days later. After my face to face got the offer 2 days later and began my background and drug screen

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the normal set of interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Standard starting rate for everyone and I am new to the industry so didn't expect anything else.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.