Southwest Airlines

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call and spoke to a recruiter we did a phone interview and was asked a few questions. I was told that I would hear back withing a week whether or not I would get another interview. 30 minutes later I received a call from the same lady requesting to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. I was elated. 2 days later I showed up at Southwest Airlines HQ and was asked to fill out some paper work soon after I was guided to my interview early! It was not bad at all. The interviewers were all nice and polite.

Interview Question – Why Southwest over any other Airline?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Question – From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an app online. about 2 weeks later i got a random phone call. it was a recruiter. she asked me if i was still interested and then asked some basic interview questions. it was kind of a surprise phone interview. (i was at dinner, not expecting that) At the end of the phone interview she scheduled my face to face. i did the F2F with a recruiter and the operations manager of my location (IND). got emailed 4 days later to set up drug test and finger prints. waiting for my start date

Interview Question – Tell us about a chaotic time at your last employer and how you handled it.
Do you know about SW fun-luving culture?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with a station representative (in my case, the station manager; others spoke with ramp supervisors) and we discussed the position and what it entails. Asked general interview questions.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our LUV family?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none- CBA

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview Details – I completed the online app, received email to conduct phone interview about 2 weeks after I applied, completed phone interview then one week later the face to face. Face to face was with a supervisor and someone from their people department.... 4 days later I was offered the position. I had 48 hrs to complete testing.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Interview Details – You will start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple and ask basic's of the job you are applying for. Then will move onto group interview. My interview had 3 people in it. Also pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Describe the most chaotic time at your past employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via Southwest Web site got a call 2 days later, which consist of an initial phone interview, if they like your response.you get a 1:1 interview
i think the question don't make sense though, most person have no experience.
however i think if you have a back ground in the warehouse industry that's a plus for you

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience in the Airline industry, have you ever work in any warehouse of any kind   View Answer

Bwi Airport, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact was with a recruiter. They sent an email requesting a phone number to be contacted at for a phone interview. The next day I was called, participated in the phone interview, and was offered a face to face interview at BWI. The face to face interview consisted of a ''People Department'' individual and the recruiter I had talked to for the phone interview. The phone interview was much easier than the face to face. I can suggest something that I read here, be prepared for the interview. It is Southwest, so be prepared for some 'different' questions.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2008.

Interview Details – Group interview then phone interview then they set up a one one one interview and if you pass all that they send you to get drug tested and do a backgrpund check

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a decsion a co worker made that you disagreed with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation wages set in contract

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!