Southwest Airlines

2.6

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
  • What are the basic requirements to work for this position?   View Answer
  • Asks about your resume and recent jobs.   Answer Question
  • Why Skywest?   View Answer
  • Can you bend, lift, stand, twist up to 70 pounds?   View Answer
  • Can you be able to travel up to 2 weeks for training possibly in another state?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2010.

Simple. Show personality and the ability to be a team player, you're in. I;m sure you think I'm over diluting it but, no. They are looking to do more with less and a "can do attitude" will get you in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example of how you've given internal customer service   Answer Question
    union

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Applied via Southwest Web site got a call 2 days later, which consist of an initial phone interview, if they like your response.you get a 1:1 interview
    i think the question don't make sense though, most person have no experience.
    however i think if you have a back ground in the warehouse industry that's a plus for you

Interview Questions
    • Why Southwest   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in the Airline industry, have you ever work in any warehouse of any kind   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2010.

I had a phone interview last week and was offered a one on one interview on the spot. today (april 14th) was my one on one interview and it went well, but i know how hard it is getting an offer and dont know if i have enough experience for their liking. At the end of the interview she said she has more interviews the next 2 days and i will hear back in a week or two. Is that normal or should I be worried? would like to hear someone with experience take on this. my email is chitownsfynest3@gmail.com. thank you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

Did phone interview and was invited to f2f, I think the interview went well, they said they would call me in 2-3 weeks to give me a yes or no....i wonder does it usually take this long

Ramp Agent Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2011.

Was a long process, some people say it is harder to get a job with southwest then to get into an ivy league school (percentage wise at least). The 1:1 interview was the easiest part, the background check you have to wait for is the real pain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2014.

I applied online in May 2014 and received a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. Did the telephone interview and I told them I had a morning part time job. The whole time I go through both interview processes they never said I had to quit to job. If you have another job it could possibly conflict with this one so be careful. The whole process took a month which is very fast. I accepted a part-time position but on the first day of training was offered full-time.

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2014.

I applied in July 2014 and received an phone call about a week in a half later. I was told the rate of pay and about the medical and dental coverage. I was asked if I was still interested and I told the recruiter about my previous job experiences. I have over 6 years of ramp experience and I previously applied before and was turned down.... This says a lot about this company if they won't hire anyone With previous airline experience. They lied to me and said the would call me back for a f2f interview and my overall experience was bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2014.

Pretty standard and simple. Applied and got a call about a week later and did a 10 minute phone screen which ended with scheduling a face to face a couple days later. After my face to face got the offer 2 days later and began my background and drug screen

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the normal set of interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Standard starting rate for everyone and I am new to the industry so didn't expect anything else.

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

I received a phone call from a HR rep of Southwest Airlines and conducted a phone interview. He asked me questions such as Why Southwest?, tell me about you work experience?, educational background?. The key during the phone interview is they are looking for something about you or your responses to their questions that makes them believe you may be a perfect fit for not only the job but the culture of Southwest Airlines. If you pass the phone interview, you are invited to an interview in person with the HR rep you talked to on the phone and a Ramp Agent Supervisor. They ask you questions such as how would you feel about working in extreme weather?, tell me a time when you had to take initiative?, have you ever been in any leadership roles?. The in-person interview is a little tougher than the phone interview so unless you have a lot of interview experience I suggest practicing beforehand. If you pass both the phone and in-person interview you are hired pending the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you did something that was considered innovative at where you work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question