Southwest Airlines

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview last week and was offered a one on one interview on the spot. today (april 14th) was my one on one interview and it went well, but i know how hard it is getting an offer and dont know if i have enough experience for their liking. At the end of the interview she said she has more interviews the next 2 days and i will hear back in a week or two. Is that normal or should I be worried? would like to hear someone with experience take on this. my email is chitownsfynest3@gmail.com. thank you

Ramp Agent

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was a long process, some people say it is harder to get a job with southwest then to get into an ivy league school (percentage wise at least). The 1:1 interview was the easiest part, the background check you have to wait for is the real pain.

Interview Question – Why Southwest?   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via Southwest Web site got a call 2 days later, which consist of an initial phone interview, if they like your response.you get a 1:1 interview
i think the question don't make sense though, most person have no experience.
however i think if you have a back ground in the warehouse industry that's a plus for you

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience in the Airline industry, have you ever work in any warehouse of any kind   View Answer

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Interview Details – You will start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple and ask basic's of the job you are applying for. Then will move onto group interview. My interview had 3 people in it. Also pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Describe the most chaotic time at your past employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable.

Ramp Agent

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email asking if I was still interested in the position because they were conducting phone interviews. Had a phone interview a week after

Interview Question – What do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2012.

Interview Details – I revived the standard e-mail asking me to call the given number, leave a message and that someone would call me back for an interview. I called and left my information on her voice mail. I prepped myself and was on edge for days waiting for the call. One week went by, no call. So I replied to the e-mail (which I was told to do if I had any questions) due to a discrepancy in the e-mail and to ask about how long the average wait was for a phone interview. Another week goes by no call and no e-mail.

Week 3 after my call, I get a message from the phone interview recruiter telling me that she would only be taking calls for a short period of time and that if I would like to discuss the opportunity, I would need to call her back as soon as possible with my name, number and a time when I would be available for an interview.

I called back and gave a 4hr window that I would be available the next day. I sat at home for 4 hours(got in some much needed reading), no call. I called her again the next day and sent another e-mail.

The next week I got a message asking me to call back that day before 5pm. I called 4 times and got her voicemail each time. That was just a few days ago. I'll wait and see what happens next.

Interview Question – Why Southwest?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2012.

Interview Details – applied online, received email to respond by calling a number if interested in the position still. Recruiter called, asked simple questions, explained the position. Told I would get a one on one interview if selected. After seeing some reviews, I won't be receiving a one on one.

Interview Question – what do you know about the position?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from a HR rep of Southwest Airlines and conducted a phone interview. He asked me questions such as Why Southwest?, tell me about you work experience?, educational background?. The key during the phone interview is they are looking for something about you or your responses to their questions that makes them believe you may be a perfect fit for not only the job but the culture of Southwest Airlines. If you pass the phone interview, you are invited to an interview in person with the HR rep you talked to on the phone and a Ramp Agent Supervisor. They ask you questions such as how would you feel about working in extreme weather?, tell me a time when you had to take initiative?, have you ever been in any leadership roles?. The in-person interview is a little tougher than the phone interview so unless you have a lot of interview experience I suggest practicing beforehand. If you pass both the phone and in-person interview you are hired pending the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that was considered innovative at where you work?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2008.

Interview Details – Group interview then phone interview then they set up a one one one interview and if you pass all that they send you to get drug tested and do a backgrpund check

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a decsion a co worker made that you disagreed with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation wages set in contract

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Airlines

Worked for Southwest Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Southwest Airlines employees and interview candidates.