Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

1.7

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2014.

Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2013.

Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • What are the basic requirements to work for this position?   View Answer
    • Asks about your resume and recent jobs.   Answer Question
    • Why Skywest?   View Answer
    • Can you bend, lift, stand, twist up to 70 pounds?   View Answer
    • Can you be able to travel up to 2 weeks for training possibly in another state?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

You apply online, you go through a phone interview then you are scheduled for a in-person interview. They will take your finger prints, drug test you and then send off for your background check. You have to provide your employment history for the past 10 years. If you pass all of that then you will receive an offer over the phone from one of their recruiters.

Interview Questions
    • Will you have a issue with not taking any time off or calling out during your first 6 months of probation?   Answer Question
    When they say flexible hours they definitely mean it. You are at the bottom of the totem pole so you will receive the hours no one wants. Most likely those are evenings and weekends. Sometimes you will even have to work mandatory shifts (2 shifts in one day). 16 hour days are common during your 6 months of probation.