Southwest Ambulance

Relevance Date Difficulty

EMT-B Interview

EMT-B
Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

Interview Details – I went to school and got my emt b. I applied and applied for months and got no response. I found out I actually had a friend of a friend who worked the front desk. Once I told them this person was a friend, I got the interview and hired within 3 days. Now days it seems they will hire anybody who walks through the door with a pulse.

Interview Question – They asked a few scenario based questions. And a couple about how to deal with a bad co worker and manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their was no negotiation. It was do you want it or not. I never even found out what I made till i started working.

ATS Driver for Red Van Interview

ATS Driver for Red Van
Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance in April 2010.

Interview Details – These people like to hire on a who you know biases first. So if you know of a friend or relative that works for them, then you might have a leg up from the next guy in line for the job.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact question, but situational questions on how you have handled or would handle a situation were real big with these guys.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you're a newcomer, do not negotiate your wage.

EMT-B Interview

EMT-B
Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

Interview Details – The interview was short and to the point, testing was easy and relevant. Unfortunately for me the position was offered, then when I called in for information that I had not received via email the response was that they had given my position away. I did ask why and HR's response was it was because we did not have your required information. My response was - you mean the information that I copied and hand delivered 3 times to ---------. HR response - well we didn't have it so we gave your position away. I said - You couldn't call and ask for it again. HR response - we didn't have it - so we just called another person.

I was able to gain employment three months later after I retested and handed in all my personal information again for the second to last time. (On round two I was given the medic test which I missed by one question and was denied employment until they looked into it. Never apologized - just said - if you wan the job its yours! This is your chance!)

Interview Question – The questions were all related to EMS skills...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it!

EMT Interview

EMT
Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

Interview Details – Training director interviewed me alone, asked me a few basic EMT type of questions and said you're hired. Be here in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – I was expecting a panel of people but only got one person. And the questions he asked, were simple medical question right from the EMT test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation were allowed, it was take it or leave it !!

Paramedic Interview

Paramedic
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

Interview Details – Took several phone calls to Southwest Ambulance before getting an interview. The interview was professional but had the feeling that it was considered "be thankful we're giving you the opportunity to interview/work for us" rather than "welcome to your interview process...show what you can bring to the table to make our company better" Took a couple weeks to find out that I was hired.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It's a "take it, or leave it" type of business.

Paramedic Interview

Paramedic
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance in April 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, professional.

Interview Question – Trick question about getting dual assignments in a mass casualty situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. take it or leave it.

EMT Interview

EMT
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance in June 2011.

Interview Details – Several hundred people showed up to interview. Something like 40 EMTs and 40 paramedics were hired.

Interview Question – If your partner is responding to an EMS call and driving like a butthead, what should you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Ambulance

Worked for Southwest Ambulance? Contribute to the Community!