Southwest Ambulance Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Ambulance

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

I went to school and got my emt b. I applied and applied for months and got no response. I found out I actually had a friend of a friend who worked the front desk. Once I told them this person was a friend, I got the interview and hired within 3 days. Now days it seems they will hire anybody who walks through the door with a pulse.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few scenario based questions. And a couple about how to deal with a bad co worker and manager   Answer Question
    Their was no negotiation. It was do you want it or not. I never even found out what I made till i started working.

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

The interview was short and to the point, testing was easy and relevant. Unfortunately for me the position was offered, then when I called in for information that I had not received via email the response was that they had given my position away. I did ask why and HR's response was it was because we did not have your required information. My response was - you mean the information that I copied and hand delivered 3 times to ---------. HR response - well we didn't have it so we gave your position away. I said - You couldn't call and ask for it again. HR response - we didn't have it - so we just called another person.

I was able to gain employment three months later after I retested and handed in all my personal information again for the second to last time. (On round two I was given the medic test which I missed by one question and was denied employment until they looked into it. Never apologized - just said - if you wan the job its yours! This is your chance!)

Take it or leave it!

EMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

Training director interviewed me alone, asked me a few basic EMT type of questions and said you're hired. Be here in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was expecting a panel of people but only got one person. And the questions he asked, were simple medical question right from the EMT test.   Answer Question
    No negotiation were allowed, it was take it or leave it !!

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance.

Took several phone calls to Southwest Ambulance before getting an interview. The interview was professional but had the feeling that it was considered "be thankful we're giving you the opportunity to interview/work for us" rather than "welcome to your interview process...show what you can bring to the table to make our company better" Took a couple weeks to find out that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It's a "take it, or leave it" type of business.

EMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance in June 2011.

Several hundred people showed up to interview. Something like 40 EMTs and 40 paramedics were hired.

Interview Questions
    • If your partner is responding to an EMS call and driving like a butthead, what should you do?   View Answer
    No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance in April 2011.

Fairly easy, professional.

Interview Questions
    • Trick question about getting dual assignments in a mass casualty situation.   View Answer
    No negotiation. take it or leave it.

ATS Driver for Red Van Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Southwest Ambulance in April 2010.

These people like to hire on a who you know biases first. So if you know of a friend or relative that works for them, then you might have a leg up from the next guy in line for the job.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the exact question, but situational questions on how you have handled or would handle a situation were real big with these guys.   Answer Question
    If you're a newcomer, do not negotiate your wage.

Worked for Southwest Ambulance? Contribute to the Community!