Southwest Gas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Engineer II Interview

Interview

Online application, phone interview 45 min and then final interview 3 hrs . After that they don't think courtesy to write back. We are looking for job but that does not mean you can play with us. I feel like that is just mock interview . Most worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral, technical and calculation Computer skills and final 5 min presentation.   Answer Question

Administrative Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Gas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied for the job, received a call to take a clerical test(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, typing, 10-key, Proofreading). Got a call to interview a week after testing, interviewed 3 days after that. Entire process from application to interview took about 4 weeks. Lots of behavioral questions, be prepared to discuss all the different types of software that you've used.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Southwest Gas (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

To the point, but pretty easy if you know your stuff. People were very nice and inviting. They really made me feel relaxed and I wasn't tense when being interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwest Gas (Tucson, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

They contacted me 2 weeks after the career fair. Was able to set up an interview 2 weeks after that. However, it was a very slow process after interview, took about two months to get an answer. I was 1 of 9 applicants if I recal corretly. Interview was easy, they asked basic questions to learn more about the applicant

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about southwest gas   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Southwest Gas (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Things have changed since I was last hired. I had a screening interview, took a typing test, and was called back for a second interview, and was hired. Now, all applications are done online, maybe a phone interview, and testing, and a group interview, and maybe an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle an irate customer. This was over 20 years ago...can't remember too much about the interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Gas (Tucson, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Southwest Gas will only accept applicants who fill out an application on line for a currently posted position. If there is no position listed for which you are qualified, you may not fill out an application. I filled out an on line job application on their web site, and was contacted by phone to schedule a skills assessment. This is a timed assessment covering typing, spelling, customer service scenarios, and math.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls and complains about a product, what is the best answer and lease effective answer of three possibilities.   1 Answer
    • If a customer wants a refund from a bill she didn't pay, what is your response?   2 Answers

Drafter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwest Gas in August 2009.

Interview

wanted to base interview on personality more than experience or knowledge

Interview Questions

• why do you want a job you are over-qualified for?   1 Answer