Southwest Gas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Gas.

Interview

After applying through an employee referral. I had a Phone call from HR to come take a computer (excel/word/typing speed) test, I then had a conference call with 2 managers where they asked what I knew about the company and about 10 easy questions about myself. I then had a face to face with 2 district managers, they had me do a presentation, and example memo to write. The interview in total took about 2.5 hours with tons of basic questions about the company and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• All about personality, what you know about the company, generic scenario questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Gas in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me to set up testing the next week. Took the test on Friday, it now Tuesday and I'm so anxious!! The test was very easy, has to type at least 25wpm, data entry which were both timed. You had like 3 mins to complete those sections. Then you had spelling and has to get at least 70% and math at least 80% and then customer service scenarios where you had to pick the best answer, which was pretty much common sense. These weren't timed. Each tells you your score so you know if you passed or not. The lady who was giving the test was very nice and laid back and made you feel comfortable, maybe too comfortable because she wad obviously chewing her gum while talking to us which I thought was unprofessional. But that took the pressure off the situation for me. Still waiting for a callback.

Engineer II Interview

Interview

Online application, phone interview 45 min and then final interview 3 hrs . After that they don't think courtesy to write back. We are looking for job but that does not mean you can play with us. I feel like that is just mock interview . Most worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral, technical and calculation Computer skills and final 5 min presentation.   Answer Question

Administrative Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Gas (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Applied for the job, received a call to take a clerical test(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, typing, 10-key, Proofreading). Got a call to interview a week after testing, interviewed 3 days after that. Entire process from application to interview took about 4 weeks. Lots of behavioral questions, be prepared to discuss all the different types of software that you've used.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Gas (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

To the point, but pretty easy if you know your stuff. People were very nice and inviting. They really made me feel relaxed and I wasn't tense when being interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Gas (Tucson, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

They contacted me 2 weeks after the career fair. Was able to set up an interview 2 weeks after that. However, it was a very slow process after interview, took about two months to get an answer. I was 1 of 9 applicants if I recal corretly. Interview was easy, they asked basic questions to learn more about the applicant

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about southwest gas   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southwest Gas (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Things have changed since I was last hired. I had a screening interview, took a typing test, and was called back for a second interview, and was hired. Now, all applications are done online, maybe a phone interview, and testing, and a group interview, and maybe an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle an irate customer. This was over 20 years ago...can't remember too much about the interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Gas (Tucson, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Southwest Gas will only accept applicants who fill out an application on line for a currently posted position. If there is no position listed for which you are qualified, you may not fill out an application. I filled out an on line job application on their web site, and was contacted by phone to schedule a skills assessment. This is a timed assessment covering typing, spelling, customer service scenarios, and math.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls and complains about a product, what is the best answer and lease effective answer of three possibilities.   1 Answer
    • If a customer wants a refund from a bill she didn't pay, what is your response?   2 Answers

Drafter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Gas in August 2009.

Interview

wanted to base interview on personality more than experience or knowledge

Interview Questions

• why do you want a job you are over-qualified for?   1 Answer