Southwestern Advantage

Engaged Employer

Southwestern Advantage Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southwestern Advantage in January 2013.

Interview

I dropped in my resume at a career event.
Got a call for an invite to an info session.
The manager asked a bunch of questions during the info session to the students.
I actively participated during the session and was asked for an interview right after the session.
Had three interviews in total.
Straight forward interviews. They want to know why you want to take such a challenging internship and to make sure you're well motivated and not a quitter.
They also give plenty of homework for you to complete in one night (on top of all the school work you have), to see if you're committed enough and who doesn't give excuses.
Overall an intense interview process, but I truly loved the managers I've met.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected.
    use past experience to prove that you can work hard and you want to take challenges.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwestern Advantage

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwestern Advantage in March 2012.

Interview

Don't be fooled by how easy going the interview is! I ended up wasting $2000 to travel to a place in the middle of nowhere going door to door to people who weren't interested, and communicating with my recruiting manager was nearly impossible.More than half the interns I went with quit also. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!! Plus, I felt like I had joined a cult. I am still trying to recover from my traumatic so called "internship" at SW Advantage. You've been warned.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about how I view myself (ex. strengths, weaknesses).   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. The position compensation was based on commission for selling books door to door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Southwestern Advantage (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

A manager contacted me, I think she got my number from the university I was going to. I was asked a little about myself and I went into an information session, had to complete a couple of assignments, and then eventually was told I was accepted. It all happened within a month. We then drove from Santa Barbara to Nashville, Tennessee did a week of sales school and finally arrived in Jersey and given our territories where we'd sell the rest of the summer.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, it's more about whether you really want to do the job or not.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwestern Advantage in April 2012.

Interview

Was approached by a campus recruiter at a career fair, decided to go to an informational session. This consisted of an on-campus presentation, followed by a 1 on 1 interview should you choose to learn more, and a phone call to parents for a sort of "personality check".

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Southwestern Advantage (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was invited for a information session on Campus at UBC. I did 5 interviews with my recruiter. The interview process was easy. If you have the determination to complete one of the hardest internships in Canada, you will make it. The recruiters want to hire because the more people they bring to the book field, the more commission they can potential make.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job is 100% based on commission.