Southwestern Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Southwestern Energy

Interview Details – Didn't really have much of one. Knew someone in management who got me in. They were friendly though and there was a lot of false promises made. I didn't discover that til later.

Operations Geologist Interview

Operations Geologist
Conway, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details – The initial interview was held at my university as part of the company's yearly recruitment effort. That was 30 minutes, very low pressure one-on-one, after which we all went out for drinks. For the second interview, the company flew me out to their field office and I spent a day meeting my prospective coworkers and sitting down for a series of one-on-one interviews with them and the manager. The chief geologist was in town at the time so I had a one-on-one chat -- not really an interview per se -- with him, then we all went out to dinner afterward.

Interview Question – Have you ever done something unethical?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was straight out of college with no experience, and the offer was very good so I did not negotiate.

Accountant/Intern Interview

Accountant/Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview Details – All over the place. I turned in my resume to them while they were at a job fair at my University. I received an email about two weeks later for an interview, in two days. After the interview, they said I would hear something back with-in a week, never did. They weren't all that clear as to what they were looking for in an employee.

Geoscientist Interview

Geoscientist
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview Details – I met four personnel at a geophysical conference in Houston. Was given a last-minute interview and asked questions about my experience as a student in relation to the oil and gas industry. All personnel had positive energy even at the close of business during the conference. It would be a pleasure working for them.

Interview Question – Hydrocarbons and understanding how the industry works as a scientific business.   Answer Question

HSE Coordinator Interview

HSE Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an outside recruiter. After a review of my resume, I was asked to come in for a face-face interview. I first met with the HR Director, who explained the company and benefits. I was then interviewed by the Department Director for the position.

Interview Question – What kind of salary are you looking for?   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2012.

Interview Details – submitted resume and got called in for an interview 2 weeks later. interviewed with two managers and received an offer letter the next day in which I had 1 week to respond.

Interview Question – they were standard and relatively easy; tell me about yourself, your college experience, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – accepted offer as it

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in November 2010.

Interview Details – Varies by the position and manager. At a minimum there would be an interview with the hiring manager and the HR person. In my case I interviewed with The hiring manager, two team members, the Director and the HR person. The duration of the hiring process varies. It the position is already posted and approved it can go very quickly. I had all of my interviews the same day. Offer was extend during final meeting with hiring manager. This probably only occurred because I had met with the hiring manager previously for lunch to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Question – I don't remember a specific question but you must be prepared to substantiate anything on your resume that may even tangentially relate to the position. Don't include any fluff in your resume for something you have just been exposed to a little bit. They may ask you for details, examples, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Following offer from manager, met with human resouces rep to finalize offer so they could prepare offer letter. The stated the starting salary that had been proviously discussed. I said that with the current info I had for the role it would need to be a different salary ($25,000) higher. Following our discuss the manager appoved the revised salary an I received the offer letter the next day.

Engineer Internship Interview

Engineer Internship
Fort Smith, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in October 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward, but they weren't interested in non-US residents

Interview Question – Why don't you seek residentship   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in March 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview through the career center at my university. The initial interview was pretty straight forward. It was one guy in an interview room with the standard questions. What was I looking for? How did I think I could benefit the company etc. The interview went really well. The guy was very nice and professional and we had a good time. I didn't feel pressured or nervous. I got a call back for a 2nd interview on site. They paid for my travel expenses to Houston and set me up in a pretty nice hotel near the office. One of the younger engineers met me there the night before and took me to a nice steakhouse for dinner. He was also very nice and the dinner went well. The next day was full of one on one interviews with various people within the company. A few of the people were excited to meet with me and we had good conversations. Some of the other people seemed like I was an annoyance to them. During one interview the woman I was meeting with just didn't want to talk. She didn't have any questions for me and I had gone through the questions I wanted to ask so I tried my hardest to make small talk. That was a bit annoying to both of us it seemed. One of the last interviews I had was with a higher up, maybe regional manager. The interview was going well but then he started to ask very detailed questions about the work I did with a previous employer. I did not have a problem with speaking about it but he seemed to be prying for information about how the company did certain things. I didn't feel comfortable telling him all of the details of the company since I felt that company wouldn't have approved and I was still on good terms with them. After I gave him some "round about" answers to those questions he seemed annoyed that I couldn't/wouldn't get more detailed and the interview ended soon after that. I did not receive a call back after the second interview. Overall the process was pretty easy, it was just a few of the interviews towards the end that I didn't like very much.

Interview Question – How did [Competing company A] model their wells? As in, what were their EURs, b-factors, completion schedules/techniques, drilling schedules.   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Southwestern Energy in October 2009.

Interview Details – Great introduction by the recruiter. Company called and spoke with me on my cell phone. Their goals and min e were very alligned and it seemed a place i could grow to much higher levels than my old company which was to conservative.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Great, though i think was a not very aggressive on the pay package as i should have been.

Worked for Southwestern Energy? Contribute to the Community!