Southwestern Energy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014
Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Met them on Campus Career Fair and got a call back a week later for an interview. The interview was with 2 recruiters. One recruiter would ask the questions and another would watch your body language and write down notes. They gave a follow up email if they decided to continue the intern process after the interview

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a situation where I had to manage a project but things for the project didn't work out and how I would handle it. I gave the recruiter an answer but he kept changing the situation to find an answer he wanted. Also Asked me to define what success was. Asked about my impressions of a student who walked in late to class.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Southwestern Energy.

I applied through my university and was updated about my interview via our online job application within three weeks. The interviewers were very polite and funny, they asked the basic interview questions, why PE, why SWN, biggest weakness, etc. I also got a bag of free stuff which was nice.

They are a leader in the industry when it comes to creating value, and they are expanding aggressively over the next few years, it seems like a great place to be.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2014.

I saw the company at a career fair and talk to them there about the position I was applying for, they told me to apply online and they called me for to schedule an interview the next day. Before the interview they had informational where we could meet people from the company and ask question. Everyone I met with were very nice and helpful

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any super power what would it be, besides that common interview questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Didn't really have much of one. Knew someone in management who got me in. They were friendly though and there was a lot of false promises made. I didn't discover that til later.

Accountant/Intern Interview

All over the place. I turned in my resume to them while they were at a job fair at my University. I received an email about two weeks later for an interview, in two days. After the interview, they said I would hear something back with-in a week, never did. They weren't all that clear as to what they were looking for in an employee.

Geoscientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwestern Energy.

I met four personnel at a geophysical conference in Houston. Was given a last-minute interview and asked questions about my experience as a student in relation to the oil and gas industry. All personnel had positive energy even at the close of business during the conference. It would be a pleasure working for them.

Interview Questions
    • Hydrocarbons and understanding how the industry works as a scientific business.   Answer Question

HSE Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2013.

I was recruited by an outside recruiter. After a review of my resume, I was asked to come in for a face-face interview. I first met with the HR Director, who explained the company and benefits. I was then interviewed by the Department Director for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of salary are you looking for?   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2012.

submitted resume and got called in for an interview 2 weeks later. interviewed with two managers and received an offer letter the next day in which I had 1 week to respond.

Interview Questions
    • they were standard and relatively easy; tell me about yourself, your college experience, etc   Answer Question
    accepted offer as it

Operations Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwestern Energy in November 2011.

The initial interview was held at my university as part of the company's yearly recruitment effort. That was 30 minutes, very low pressure one-on-one, after which we all went out for drinks. For the second interview, the company flew me out to their field office and I spent a day meeting my prospective coworkers and sitting down for a series of one-on-one interviews with them and the manager. The chief geologist was in town at the time so I had a one-on-one chat -- not really an interview per se -- with him, then we all went out to dinner afterward.

Interview Questions
    I was straight out of college with no experience, and the offer was very good so I did not negotiate.

Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Southwestern Energy in October 2011.

Fairly straightforward, but they weren't interested in non-US residents