Southwire Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

3.3

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

First class organization. Very organized in getting my in person interviews set up and making travel arrangements. Very friendly and welcoming. I was very disappointed I did not receive an offer, they seem to be a great company. I had 2 phone interviews, then traveled to Carrolton, where I met with the HR department. I then had 2 in person interviews and a debriefing with my HR representative again.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

Southwire has great atmosphere. The HUMAN Resources department gives you a test before you get to the interview process. It has a lot of situational questions. It wasn't too hard. I believe it had some basic computation questions ad well.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

It takes people in the plant up to 6 months to get on unless you know someone. Corporate jobs are for college degrees only and you need to know someone

Maintenance Machinist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Southwire.

Interview

Job was posted in house. There was not one posted outside Southwire. So only a current employee had a chance at getting the job. There was two interviews, one with the maintenance dept. heads and the other with the maintenance dept. head and other machinists.
    Interview was pretty relaxed. determination was based mostly on skills on paper and not actual work experience. It didn't matter that I had years of experience, all they really wanted was for me to pass the Southwire tests. Interview was pretty clean cut.

Interview Questions

• will you be comfortable working log days and extended periods of overtime during plant shutdowns?   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer was same as any other position, there was no room for negotiation.

Environmental Health and Safety Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Southwire.

Interview

The interview process was very shoddy and bad etiquette in getting back.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you have handled? Where have you used an innovative way to overcome safety issues?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

online application ( mid November) followed immediately by online personality assessment. At the end of that online session, I was asked to continue by scheduling an assessment at their Carrollton Employment center. First open date wasn't until the first week of January. Passed that (mechanical aptitude and personality) so the computer scheduled the next step- PPE (physical performance evaluation), again first available slot wasn't until the last week of January. That took 4 hours to test 3 stations. Passed. The "intern" conducting the tests offered congratulations, then informed those who pass that you may or may not hear from HR for a face-to-face. Being an intern, he wasn't allowed to say much more than that. Just, can you work any shift needed and are you still interested based on the plants minimum hourly rate? That was 8 days ago. Honestly a frustrating process. So much time and effort spent by both parties, passing each evaluation, and I may not even receive the courtesy of a phone call by HR. I hope more is to come but the process makes me wonder about the corporate culture and treatment of its production workers.

Interview Questions

• The computer "mechanical aptitude" test was fairly easy for me but the fail rate seems to be high. Plenty of online practice tests available via google for anyone who wants to prepare.
      I expected more math than what was on the test.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Southwire posted a job ad in my university's Computer Science department. E-mailed my résumé in and they came on campus a few days later for interviews. The interview itself seemed pretty standard, and the questions centered mostly around verifying my résumé's accuracy. However, the recruiters weren't very specific in defining the roles and responsibilities of an intern at Southwire. Because of that, I not only had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I wasn't quite sure how to sell myself either. They assured me they'd keep in touch, and about a year later, I have yet to hear back from them.

Financial Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Southwire (Carrollton, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied on line through an agency. After the agency screens your experiences, you are directed to submit your resume and agency confirmation to the HR admin via e-mail. Although, they prefer you to physically go into the office to fill-out an application--paper application about 7 pages. What a dinosaur! I submitted my information via e-mail and was later sent a paper application via United States Postal Service. Who does that in 2011?! After reviewing the application, to be had written, ( who own a type-writer in 2011?) I sent the HR person an e-mail regarding some details about the position (not defined in the job description) and I received no response. After 10 day, I received an e-mail asking me to call for answers to my questions. i DECLINED TO FURTHER PURSUE MY INTEREST IN THE POSITION.

Culture: OBSOLETE, UNPROFESSIONAL

Culture: OBSOLETE, UNPROFESSIONAL

Customer Service Center Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Southwire (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by HR representative and asked a few pre-interview questions. HR representative scheduled one on one interview for following day. Interview consisted of two individuals. One HR representative from Georgia and one HR representative from site. Interview consisted of many questions regarding experience and skills. Went over resume and was asked what did I know about the company? Overall interview went well and got called back 1 month and a half later. Delay was due to holiday season. Office and personnel seemed pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a rough situation in regards to employee disrespect or not doing what was asked.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Southwire (Boston, MA) in August 2008.

Interview

Submitted resume initially but was not immediately contacted. Received form letter thanking me for my interest in the organization and that my resume would be kept on file should any additional opportunities arise. Received a call for another role they were creating accepted the offer of an interview. The recruiting process went smoothly, everyone was courteous and knowledgeable. Was told that they would be in contact if they were interested in flying me out for one on one interviews. I did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Whether I wait for the gas light to come on before filling the tank up or if I typically fill it on a schedule.   1 Answer