Space Coast Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.3

Member Service Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union.

Received a phone call from the HR representative the day after I submitted my application online and had a brief phone interview. The following day I had a second, face to face interview with the HR rep. Third interview with branch manager and an additional manager the following week. Fourth interview with two different branch managers the third week. In branch observation later that week. I waited a week and a half to be told the position at the original branch was being given to an internal employee but they were referring me to a separate branch. I had a fifth interview at this branch and waited another week just to be told all positions were being filled internally.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing I had no banking history, sell a checking account.   Answer Question

Member Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union.

There is a three step phase interview process. To then be offered a small amount of pay. They offer monthly incentives however you barely see them in your check because of the taxes being taken out.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate pay

Marketing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union in July 2014.

Online application 30mn, job fair 2+ hours, first interview with HR 1.5 hour, Q&A essay following HR interview 2 hours, Profile Test 2 hours, second interview with Hiring Manager 1.5 hour... After all this, was told I would get a response from HR within 1-2 weeks. HR responded 20 days later. After 9 weeks and a good 10 hours working on candidacy, SCCU would not even explain why I was not selected so something could be learned from the experience. These people have no regards for job seekers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union.

Once applied, they call you within a day or so for a brief phone interview. It takes about 4 interviews before they let you know if their going to start you in a 6 month training proccess (paid of curse). They only do 1 interview a week, so it takes about a month or so to get hired. A little too long if you ask me. Some people need a job right away. Second interview is with HR, third is with 2-3 managers from different branches. Make sure you have sales experience, because they do stress that there is consequences when you don't make sales goals. And make sure you have a good reason for leaving previous employers, because they will hound you on why you left your last job. If you're in school for something other than banking, they seem to look at you like 'why are you here if your in school for, say, nursing' or something.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly behavioral such as "what did you do in this situation". Not really any difficult questions, but be prepared for them to ask you to sell them something (role playing).   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union in January 2013.

3 total interviews. The process was almost three weeks, the last interview was on a panel of five people. You take a personality test, that is timed. Interview questions included questions about your previous jobs and how would you handle certain scenarios. How would you handle a negative employee or conflict between employees.What are your strengths and weaknesses. What makes you the best candidate for this postion.

Interview Questions
    • What significant contribution did to make to your prior job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union in November 2012.

Long and drawn out. Theres the phone interview, the recruiter interview, the manager interview with two managers, then a second interview with two different managers usually, then an observation day, I was even called at home at 7pm so the manager could ask me more questions. Each interview I waited 20+ minutes before it started, interviews took more than an hour, it was a week between sometimes. They seem to want to make you as uncomfortable as possible to be sure you really want the job.

They did not allow negotiation, the recruiter told me what they pay and I had to take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union in February 2010.

Went to 3-4 interviews. Talking to others in orientation, this tended to vary from person to person. 1st interview was with HR rep. After that, each interview consisted of two people asking behavioral questions for about an hour. It was a different set of people each time.Then there was a final meeting with the HR rep. I would suggest looking up "interview behavioral questions" on google to prepare. Really that is something that would be good to prepare for any lower end job.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while, so I don't remember. I would suggest looking up "behavioral questions"   Answer Question

MSS1 Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union.

Hiring process took over a month, nearly two. Initial contact begins with a call from HR in headquarters. They do a quick phone interview, and if you're close enough, they have you come to HQ for a second face to face with HR. If not, they do an extended phone interview. This process is then followed by two face to face interviews, with two managers in each interview. After this, an observation follows. You go in to the branch you've applied for, and watch for a couple of hours, noting what your opinions are along the way. Sometime within the next couple of weeks, you find out whether or not you've got the job.

Immediately after, you will go to HQ for 2 weeks and complete their classroom training course, you do not completely have the job until you pass this test. The test is not hard, as long as you study. After completing the test, you now have the job.

Some advice for the interviews.

Phone interview is rather easy, just some general questions, followed by moral questions, nothing tricky or too difficult.

During face to face interviews with management, I was asked to sell them a checking account. Be prepared, know about credit unions, do a little research. It pays off.

Interview Questions
    • Only difficult question was "Sell me a checking account", which ended up being much easier than I initially expected.   View Answer
    Pretty standard yes or no for employment. Average pay for a job like this, but not too bad.

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Space Coast Credit Union.

Generally three interviews consisting of relavent and un-relavent kinds of questions. If you get past that, then they put you on the floor for half a day to try you out.

Interview Questions
    • They generally make it tough so that they can weed people out for a low paying and restrictive job. They make you feel that they are superior to you and that you should be thanking God that they are even considering to hire you.   Answer Question
    Their payscale is limited in range, so there isnt a lenghty negotiation process.

Collector Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Space Coast Credit Union in July 2011.

I interviewed initally with the HR dept then scheduled for a 2nd interview with collection mgr and vp of that dept. 2nd interview the vp didnt show up and the mgr was suppose to call me back and I never heard from her again.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not about the job but about different situations they would put you in and you had to answer.   Answer Question