Space Systems/Loral Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Interview was not too intense. I met with HR first. Afterwards, I met with the hiring Manager and two of his employees. Was given a tour of the facility and had lunch in the cafeteria. Question asked related to my job experience and was given a good idea of what work I would be doing and what was expected from me.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I knew about the company. Although they have almost 3000 employees, they are pretty stealth in the valley.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Upon arrival I met with my interviewer and he gave me a tour of the facility. I was interviewed by three different people; the Head of the division, a senior mechanical engineer, and a production engineer. Each interview was one on one and each focused on a different aspect of the company.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous job experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

HR recruiter did phone interview Came in for interview with multiple people in different departments. Half day event. Then had some email communication with the hiring manager, following up status of position.

Interview Questions

• How do handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Long day of interviewing. First with HR, then the hiring manager, then the rest of the engineering staff in two separate groups. It equated to four separate interviews back to back, but overall it was fairly relaxed. There were lots of interns being hired for the summer and the interview process definitely varied by engineering group.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions from HR, really just filler questions while the hiring manager walks to meet you at the front desk. General resume/background questions from the engineering staff and one technical question specific to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received an email for an onsite job interview. Got there and interviewed with a total of 6 people one after another for a total of 3 hours. Some interviewers were friendly while others seemed like they didn't want to be there. Got to tour the facilities and learn more about the company. Interview focused mostly on resume.

Materials and Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with HR to warm up and get to know you on the surface. Then intensive interview with engineering managers to listen to your school projects and work experiences.

Test and Verification Payload Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Received call from recruiter. Setup call with manager and manager's manager for later that day. Had onsite scheduled by the end of the day. Was flown into SJC in the morning, interviewed in the afternoon. Pretty straightforward and what you'd expect, job didn't seem all that exciting though-required a MS when it could probably be done by a BS or even talented high school graduate.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to move soon? Are you married or otherwise tied to your current city? Do you have any questions for us (this was the only question my would be direct manager asked me).   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Nice HR folks but the interviewing process was Incredibly long (not weeks but more like months) that I decided to go elsewhere. Interviewed by 23 employees...that must be a record! Sessions ranged from very technical to easier managerial 'how would you handle...' type of questions. If the position was for VP or higher, I could understand interviewing with so many individuals, but for a Director level...I think 'not'. Many of those who interviewed me appeared not to be very satisfied with their position, job title, or managements' recognition of their contributions. Although the teams seemed pleasant, I sensed many were afraid to raise their suggestions/concerns to management.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, the Agile Methodology and how would you evangelize the process throughout the company.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

I landed the interview from a career fair at my university. The next step was a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The phone interview was very frustrating, because it was hard to hear over the phone for some reason, and I have never had that problem before. It probably would have been much better if I had an in person interview, the location was close enough to have one. It probably would have at least been a pleasant experience if the phone interview wasn't so bad.

Electronics Test Technician Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was referred to position by school's career services, sent in my resume. Was contacted by multiple recruiters within a week. After a phone screening that was very basic and non-technical, set up a onsite interview. The interview was delayed two weeks since an intern of their was handling the scheduling. Onsite interview lasted about 3 hours in total. Arrived before time, interview was to be with multiple people at SSL. First with hiring manager for about 15 minutes, then with a senior technician, who toured the Labs as well as asked questions about which machines and electronic test equipments that I know about. That was about 30 minutes. Then another interview with a Senior Technician who went detail into the position and asked both technical and non-technical questions. That went fairly well, about 40 minutes. Next was interview with a engineering Manager, it seemed like she was having a bad day. Went straight into the questions, which were so repetitive and technical. Draw me a op amp, voltage divider, tell me about senior project, Ohm's law, current divider, parallel circuits. all of those hands on technical questions. I did mostly well, I knew I missed out on couple. That was at least 1.5 hours. Had been way above the interview schedule time so did not meet the last interviewer, plus he had already left without any notice. So back to interview with hiring manager, asked about how it went and salary expectations. Said would hear with a phone call back in max a week. Get a email about 4 days later saying they are moving on with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is Ohm's Law? Make me a block diagram for you senior project. Hands on circuit level questions.   Answer Question