Space Systems/Loral

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in May 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a different position (management), having about six 1:1 interviews in person after a phone interview with one of the managers. A week later HR called me and said I was not being selected for the management position, but would I consider a position as an individual contributor? I said yes and they asked if I could come in the next day for more interviews. I had about five 1:1 interviews that day for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer position. I thought the interviews went well. The third level manager had specifically requested that I return for the second set of interviews, so I was hopeful. We discussed salary and start date. It has been over a month since then and I have not been told anything definitive (yes or no) about the possibility of a job offer. The interviewers were great and everyone seemed to be in a good mood. There were no arrogant, condescending managers there. They were friendly and seemed more interested in how I felt about working for them than how qualified they thought I was for the position. The work culture was busy but friendly and casual. People seemed more concerned with collaboration and results than with anything else. Their benefits are GREAT (reasonably priced medical with several options, 401(k), cheap to add a spouse or other family member, annual performance-based cash bonuses). Seems like a wonderful place to work. Lots of affinity groups for employees with specific interests (volunteering, sports clubs, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a project in which you followed the design from initial customer requirements through prototypes to final production and delivery.   Answer Question
  • Describe your experience working with manufacturing personnel.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Space Systems/Loral

Worked for Space Systems/Loral? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Space Systems/Loral Senior Manufacturing Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Space Systems/Loral employees and interview candidates.