Space Systems/Loral Test Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

Test Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was referred from my school. There was a basic phone screen-er where a recruiter called me and verified some things on my resume and to verify that the rotating shift schedule would be ok for me. They then called back and set up a interview about a week later. The interview was very professional, I met with 4 people over 3 hours. The recruiter was very caring and asking how I was doing, and organized the whole thing. One of the lead techs gave me a tour of some of the systems they use for tests, and also asked about specific things on my resume. This company is a LEAN manufacturing company, so if you are familiar with six sigma terminology you are who they are looking for.

I was then sent to a mangers office, where I was asked some technical questions, if you know ohms law, resistors/caps in parallel you should be good here. Also some. filters/op-amps The manager was also really pushy on questions about my current employer, she wanted to know how much I make, and why I wanted the position. Then when it was obvious that the pay was lower then what I was currently making, they started to talk down to me about my current job calling it simple and easy.

Finally I was sent to a director who had been there quite a while, he asked me some more technical questions more on the op-amp and power supply side. Make sure that you are fluent in all your electronic components. He was very professional, but looked at the notes from the previous people and got right into calculating the financial differences from night to day shift. They want people to be available to work for them 24/7 for a low price. I think its a great entry level electronics position, but its not where I want to be at this point in my career.

Interview Questions

• calculating total capacitance for capacitors in parallel. Also the current   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Space Systems/Loral

Test Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position through my college's career services website, and got a call for an interview a few days later. I was supposed to have an initial phone interview, but after some confusion, I ended up just going in for an in-person interview. As most of the others have stated, the interview consisted of mostly 1:1 interviews with several managers. Being an EE major, I was presented with some general technical problems that I had to solve in front of the managers. It was a bit nerve wracking, but everyone was very nice and helpful.

My advice for other candidates, is to ask as many questions as you can and be prepared for any questions directly related to your field.

Interview Questions

• What does a diode look like on a schematic?   1 Answer