Spacelabs Healthcare

Updated Jan 26, 2015

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare in October 2014.

i applied via linkedin and was contacted by a very personable HR rep who resided in california. after a bout of phone tag to schedule an interview they finally chose to bring me onsite. without going into too much detail, all i can say it was a very adverse interview and a complete waste of my day. the interviewers were ill prepared, arrogant, late and above all RUDE. you could also tell by the general energy of the place that the employees were over worked and under paid. the overall look of the complex was a rundown manufacturing site that in its hey day may have been a sight to behold, but those days were long long gone. needless to say, the interview ended early and i couldnt have been happier.

Interview Questions
    • can you please to me how you can conduct a FEMA on a chemical process? this was a wise crack attempt to embarrass me by the so called director of quality.
      it didnt work.

View Answer

Director Interview

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was very brutal, interviewed with nine people, over the course of a month. They took forever to make up their minds and had me come in several times.   Answer Question

Mid-level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare in May 2011.

The hiring manager walked in with a set of schematics. He brought in another engineer. He threw a question about how a certain signal enter a circuit in one of his products, very old technology, closely related to pentodes, triodes, and "tubes" of the old days. I answered the first few questions and bounced back one question he asked me about an op-amp controlled transistor to see if he knows what's he's talking about. My impression, he's not a technical dude.
    The other engineer did not ask me any technical question. I assumed he was not that technical either.
    One last engineer, who got promoted to an engineer, without a college degree. Such good luck.

My sense for success in an organization like this one is non-existent. So I chose not to join.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare in June 2014.

The company called me up for an interview. I found the interview itself to be quite relaxed. the interview was conducted with 2 persons for the entire duration. They went through the resume and over various aspects of the roles to see applicability. Quite Technical focused which is no surprise. Asking how i understand the difficulties of development and issues when developing certain devices. Felt they wanted to understand the depth of HW understanding more than the SW development.

Interview Questions
    • Given a healthcare device, opened with board exposed. Whats the most difficult part fo building that ?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare in February 2011.

Applied online through monster.com. Didn't hear anything for 6 sixs, so long I had forgotten I had applied! Reseceived initial phone call and interview date. Interview process took 4 hours - 1 hr each with HR, 2 high-level executives and the EA leaving the job. Brutal! Didn't find out until several months later that I was up against 7 other candidates. 10 days after the interview I got the call offering me the job, and negotiations began.

Salary, benefits package.