Spacelabs Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015

2.9

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare (Snoqualmie, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR reviewed my application and resume and conducted a phone interview. If the HR recruitment wasn't interested I would have never been able to talk to the hiring manager. The recruiter emphasized the importance of interpersonal communication skills and ability to be a team player over technical skills. The interview consisted of mostly open-ended questions, I believe they wanted to get a general idea of my communication skills.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Snoqualmie, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare (Snoqualmie, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

i applied via linkedin and was contacted by a very personable HR rep who resided in california. after a bout of phone tag to schedule an interview they finally chose to bring me onsite. without going into too much detail, all i can say it was a very adverse interview and a complete waste of my day. the interviewers were ill prepared, arrogant, late and above all RUDE. you could also tell by the general energy of the place that the employees were over worked and under paid. the overall look of the complex was a rundown manufacturing site that in its hey day may have been a sight to behold, but those days were long long gone. needless to say, the interview ended early and i couldnt have been happier.

Interview Questions

• can you please to me how you can conduct a FEMA on a chemical process? this was a wise crack attempt to embarrass me by the so called director of quality. it didnt work.   2 Answers

QA Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare (Snoqualmie, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a great hiring process. One on one with manager. They asked lots of question on my past experiences I think I was smart, I bring with me a portfolio with work examples. Over the years without violating any NDA's, I keep records of some of the work I have done for different projects. I keep my best work. I then bring good examples with me, to the interview. Test plans, Test cases and Defects (Bugs) This always seems to impress the interviewer and it helps me to look and answer their questions without having to think to hard or over explain. It's all right there in front of me and the interviewer to look at.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what SDLC stands for and how is it different than Agile? Do you understand Requirements and why do we have requirements? What is 'Software Quality Assurance'? What is 'Software Testing'? Can you write a test case? Can you execute a test case? How long have you been doing this kind of work? Have you worked in Agile or SCRUM? Can you write a test plan?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very brutal, interviewed with nine people, over the course of a month. They took forever to make up their minds and had me come in several times.   Answer Question

Mid-level Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare (Issaquah, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager walked in with a set of schematics. He brought in another engineer. He threw a question about how a certain signal enter a circuit in one of his products, very old technology, closely related to pentodes, triodes, and "tubes" of the old days. I answered the first few questions and bounced back one question he asked me about an op-amp controlled transistor to see if he knows what's he's talking about. My impression, he's not a technical dude. The other engineer did not ask me any technical question. I assumed he was not that technical either. One last engineer, who got promoted to an engineer, without a college degree. Such good luck.

My sense for success in an organization like this one is non-existent. So I chose not to join.

Contract Software Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare (Issaquah, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

One of the weirdest interview experiences I have ever had. Unknown to me at the time, 2 of the 5 total interviewers were not going to be around for much longer. Two had no real ability to assess my technical skills. I was expecting a more technical grill, but ended up with more of a sit down chat. This was probably to my favor, but it was odd in the tech industry.

Interview Questions

• We are thinking about redesigning a part of our system. How would you go about doing it? Then a VERY cursory outline of the problem space ensued that took up about 15 minutes of the allotted 55 minutes. Side Note: The TRUE extent of the problem was glossed over and left out a HUGE amount of exceptionally important details. These details ultimately required a fundamental design shift that had wide ranging positive consequences. Even the design presented on the whiteboard would have hobbled the system without ALL of the other critically important details.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare in June 2014.

Interview

The company called me up for an interview. I found the interview itself to be quite relaxed. the interview was conducted with 2 persons for the entire duration. They went through the resume and over various aspects of the roles to see applicability. Quite Technical focused which is no surprise. Asking how i understand the difficulties of development and issues when developing certain devices. Felt they wanted to understand the depth of HW understanding more than the SW development.

Interview Questions

• Given a healthcare device, opened with board exposed. Whats the most difficult part fo building that ?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Spacelabs Healthcare in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online through monster.com. Didn't hear anything for 6 sixs, so long I had forgotten I had applied! Reseceived initial phone call and interview date. Interview process took 4 hours - 1 hr each with HR, 2 high-level executives and the EA leaving the job. Brutal! Didn't find out until several months later that I was up against 7 other candidates. 10 days after the interview I got the call offering me the job, and negotiations began.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary, benefits package.