Spansion Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Insignificant Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Spansion in June 2010.

Tried to lowball me for 3 months. Started negotiations and all they could talk about was their furlough in previous years. Then they used the furlough as an excuse to lowball me for 3 months.

3 months. Tried to lowball me

Wafer Fab Technician Interview

Hiring for manufacturing is now done through a temp service with opportunities to be brought in house. Interviewing uses includes open ended questions such as "name a time where you had to work with a team to get a job done?" or "name a time where you had to resolve a conflict with your co-workers" or "give an example of a time you had to multi-task."

Interview Questions
    • The dreaded question "what is your weakness" should always be expected in an interview. It doesn't always come up, but one should be prepared for it. Also, do not be afraid to sell yourself if the question of your strengths comes up.   Answer Question

Senior Product Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spansion in August 2010.

The interview process was very standard but swift, HR contacted me via email since he saw my resume posted on a career website. I got a phone interview soon after I talked to HR. The hiring manager asked me technical questions (mostly) which I was able to answer correctly.

1. what are the steps of getting into test mode?
    2. what steps would you take to implement test time reduction effectively?
    3. how do you go about failure analysis?
    4. what are the differences between different advantest tester models?
    5. how is NAND different with NOR flash? what are the applications?

Interview Questions
    • Draw a transistor level diagram to show how a certain stress methodology works.
      what are the differences between a GOSUB statement and a MACRO statement in the Advantest language
        Answer Question
    Back then, Spansion would easily give counteroffers in case you have other options.
    In general, you will know if they are willing to go an extra mile to hire you.
    Good experience overall.

Product Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Spansion in July 2011.

The interview process was streamlined .It was my best interview till date and the people there were so nice and warm that I have no words to describe .Had 2 phone screen and an onsite with 8 ppl , right from Director to the engineers/

Interview Questions
    Pay is pretty standard and since I am a fresher I couldn't negotiate further

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Spansion in October 2010.

The interview process started with the CEO and included other members of HR and the leadership team. The interviews were inconsistent in terms of quality of questions, focus of interview and maintaining a schedule. A couple of people appeared to have very little idea of the role or why I was there.

Interview Questions

The offer was verbally extended but never produced in writing.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Spansion in January 2008.

Interviewed as senior software developer for EDA - related to existing job

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to move from current comany   View Answer

Salary expectations not satisfied.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ayer Itam (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ayer Itam (Malaysia)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spansion in June 2014.

Phone interview in overseas, they told me about the job scope and whether i have past relavent experience in the field, whether i am goood in powerpoint nad microsoft excel ; one-to-one interview in local office ; skype interview with US boss and just some chit chat via skype

Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Netanya (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Netanya (Israel)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spansion in May 2011.

i was interviewed twice in the same day, the first one was by my two managers. the interview was simple questions about circuit in VLSI such as: capacitance, simple pump methodology, buffering, (very similar to VLSI course summery from the technion). the second interview was with a senior analog designer, it was hard and not well organized.

the second day was HR interview and straight after the job proposal

Interview Questions
    • i was drawn a circuit and what does it do, the circuit included a bunch of transistors and as a non experience i had no idea what i was looking at.   Answer Question
    i was asked to say the expected salary, and then about half an hour later i got the proposal, a little lower.

Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spansion in July 2009.

very good,slightly long when waiting for face to face interview

Interview Questions
    very good because of the challenge for me

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Spansion in January 2008.

process is lose. everyone has his own style. Some technical questions but not many.

no negotiation

Worked for Spansion? Contribute to the Community!