Spanx

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Spanx

Interview Details – interviewed with several managers . went through typical behavior questions. they want to make sure you are a good fit. they did not mention anything about the culture of the company

Interview Question – What was your past bad boss like and what did you do to improve the relationship.   Answer Question

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spanx in March 2011.

Interview Details – met with 5 different interviewers . They asked many behavioral questions.
The Directors seemed frazzled. Not a great focused process. Was walked between the resort rooms that they have on site. 2 of they director's have already left the company. I was told of the high turnover at the company. once you are hired they are not very welcoming at all. old employees are looking for a reason for you to go . it is worse than mean girls and high school. you must rise above and still watch out

Interview Question – All general . accomplishments , weakness, strengths.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low salary

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Spanx.

Interview Details – The whole process seemed long and inefficient. I thought I was interviewing for one job and found out it was completely different job. Not sure if it was deliberate or they just messed up.

Very Easy Interview

Fashion Illustrator Interview

Fashion Illustrator
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Spanx in May 2012.

Interview Details – Atlanta, GA does not have a lot of opportunities for fashion designers/illustrators and the like. After researching companies I thought spanx would be a good place for my skill set. WHOA was I wrong. I would be terrified to work in such an angry, disorganized, vain (I say this being the typical stereotype spanx seeks), lack of work/life balance company. This has been confirmed by individuals I have spoken with that work at the company, reviews posted and individuals that have left the company on their own. Even though there are few fashion companies in this area I would not even consider for one second joining spanx.

Interview Question – Not applicable. Very open individual. I was called in for an interview by a recruiter and when I arrived at spanx there was massive confusion re: an available position, yet, the individual I met with was very informative and forthcoming. I learned the individual in the position I was considering was not leaving for another 4 mtgs. Also, have learned since from both the recruiter and other references that this confusion is par for the course. In the end, the interviewer wanted me to stay in touch...   View Answer

Management Interview

Management
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spanx.

Interview Details – This place is a dump filled with young brainless 20 and 30 something women and the occasion diverse person . The company is ran like a teenage sorority house from marketing, accounting, finance to IT. They bring interviewees about 5 to 6 times to make sure that you are right fit (such horseshit). If you are looking for a job here don't be fooled by the cute pink walls and bubblegum culture...know what you are getting into. This place is awful, turnover is high, company is not as profitable, they have no intranet, bad system, HR is one person...just blah blah...

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions, tell me a time when ...blah blah blah   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company is cheap cheap cheap and low ball offers. Do yourself and round up.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and interviewed at Spanx.

Interview Details – Interviewed with many internal management team , consisted of 5 different interviews.
Each Interviewer asked many behavioral questions . Each response required a detailed and actionable response. I was taken on a quick walk through of the offices and shown the kitchen. I did not see employees therefore I could not gage the atmosphere.

Interview Question – The manager explained that they work consistently through the night at least twice a week.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was low and non-negotiable.

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Spanx.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and brutal. And after months of meeting with people and interviews, the job was not at all as described.

Interview Question – Lots of personality and situational type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long. Lots of delays due to salary. They pay very very low.

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Spanx.

Interview Details – Was called the day after I submitted my resume, unbeknownst to me I was called in for a job I did not even apply for. I wish I had been alerted to this otherwise I would not have even gone to the interview. HR was very polite but VERY rushed, I had no time to ask more than 1 or 2 questions before being shoved on to meet with another manager, who took the chance to inform me that he eats lunch at his desk and works 10+ hours per day and expects the same from his employees. In my eyes it was good practice but I found it very unprofessional to call me in for a job that I did not apply for and had no interest in pursuing.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the traffic in Atlanta? ( I Iive outside the perimeter)   Answer Question

Planning At Spanx Interview

Planning At Spanx
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spanx in August 2012.

Interview Details – There are a couple of interviews involved in the process. After an initial screening and initial interview, I came in for the four one-on-one interviews. While they were long and pretty exhausting, all of the people I interviewed with were encouraging and very nice. Pretty much all of the questions asked were behavioral.

I came in a couple more times to meet with people in different areas of the company because they didn't know exactly what postion I was interviewing for, but again, I enjoyed meeting every person. Though it was tiring coming in multiple times, I appreciated that they were so intent on finding an area that I would work best in. The recruiters were also super friendly and it didn't hurt that the office enviroment was fun and welcoming! I ultimately got an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – When was a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spanx in November 2010.

Interview Details – After initial screening interview, you had to go back for 4 one-on-one interviews, where you were basically giving verbal essays. It was tough and long - each interview was 1 hour and it was grueling. I was exhausted and spent by the end of the day, and I left feeling like I had done horribly. The HR person was not nice and made me feel unqualified. But, somehow, I got the offer.

Interview Question – Who was your best boss and why? Who was your worst boss and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do no negotiate offers - there are a lot of people going for those jobs, so they pay the least amount that they have to.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Spanx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spanx interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spanx employees and interview candidates.