SpareFoot

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

ACE Team Member

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted shortly after to answer a series of e-mail questions, mostly about past work experience. The next step was a phone interview, which was quick and easy. After my phone interview I went to a "speed dating" event at the company office. We were served drinks and snacks and got the opportunity to meet and chat with many employees, although only for a few minutes each. I loved the atmosphere, it was fun and comfortable and made you feel at ease. This event seemed like it was mostly to get a feel for your personality and interests, and to see if you would be a good fit with your co-workers. They also asked some pretty hilarious questions that I was in no way prepared for. The next step in the process was a bit more intense. I was interviewed by several more employees over the timespan of a few hours. At this point they want to figure you out as a person, and it was clear that everyone I talked to was not interested in your typical interview answers...they prefer honesty and transparency. My last interview was a quick 15 minute sit down with the CEO, which sounded much more nerve wracking than it turned out to be. Overall I thought it was a very different and refreshing experience. It's a long process, but it's clear that they are looking for something specific and they take the time to ensure that they get that. Everyone that I have met from Sparefoot seem to be exceptionally kind and interesting! It is also great that you get an opportunity to observe someone working in your prospective job title so that you can see if the position would be a good fit for you. Super excited to work here!!

Interview Question – Which celebrity would you most like to punch in the face?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer package is easy and straightforward.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a position around the end of May online. Got an email a couple weeks later with some screener questions. Got a phone interview shortly after. After the phone interview I was offered a group interview, which was two weeks away. After the group interview the recruiter said she would contact us the next week, didn't hear for two weeks. Finally, received a mass rejection email from 'the recruiting team'. Something a long the lines of there is not a position right for you at this moment, even though they are still hiring and doing other hiring events this month.

The group interview was a new thing, a 'speed dating' event. Fifteen candidates meet with fifteen employees for three minutes each. This sounds good and all, but terribly executed. The room was pretty small and packed with thirty people talking over each other. It was so loud that we were basically yelling at each other and saying 'what' a lot. The employees are nice overall. Lots of silly questions and basic questions about customer service. A lot of the employees talked about their previous experience and asked us about ourselves.

Like one of the previous reviews on here, SpareFoot is a really odd company. They say that they hire misfits etc, but I have no idea what they are looking for. There is a STRONG fraternity/bro-ish mindset it seems. They talk about culture and wanting to mold people, but they are looking for a VERY specific type of person, which can be seen from their current employees. Definitely do your research.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy, about previous experience and how you handle customer service.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot in June 2014.

Interview Details – Process went with a 1 on 1, then a 2 on 1, then a ride along, followed by a 4 on 1. They all asked questions about call center experience and experience with a start up. In addition they wanted to know about sales experience since the job partially entails.

Interview Question – How do you go about finding an answer to something you don't know.   Answer Question

ACE Team Interview

ACE Team
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick. I applied online and got a call from the recruiter. She asked me basic work history questions. I was asked to reply to an email with more questions about my work history, how I handled customers ect, then I was asked for an in person interview.
 First I was interviewed by the head of the Call center and was asked good questions which related to the position. Next it was a 2-1 interview, the interviewers really stressed the frat like environment. I was asked questions and then was pressed when I didn't give them the answer they wanted to hear. I was told they "didn't get who I was" in the initial 5 minutes of meeting them. Very much wanted one type of personality and if you don't fit that, do not expect to get a job here. Next went on the floor and listened to calls. Finally, it was a 5-1 interview with the group asking random silly questions and some related to the job.
 Overall, it was not a good experience. For a company who prides themselves on hiring "misfits" they certainly only hire people who fit the persona they are trying to exude.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult, some were just random and have nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question

ACE Team Interview

ACE Team
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot.

Interview Details – Applied online, attended open house for ACE prospects, and was offered and interview a few days later. Was given a range of interview dates to accommodate both of our schedule. Interview itself was fairly straightforward -- why are you changing careers, what do you think SpareFoot will offer you, how do you fit this role? The interview itself was unique. First, talked to one person, who then let in two more people when he left. Then got to listen in on calls with one person to see what the job actually entailed, and finally ended with a small panel interview of some more get to know you questions (including a rapid fire round of silly questions). The experience itself was very positive, and I honestly wish more interviews were as laid back as SpareFoot's was!

Interview Question – No joke -- if you could create an ice cream flavor, what would it be and what would you name it?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

Interviewed at SpareFoot

Interview Details – Patrick gave a technical interview testing analysis of algorithms and their complexity.

Interview Question – What is the time-complexity of your code?   Answer Question

ACE Interview

ACE
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot in February 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application and was asked some general questions about my relevant work history by the company's internal recruiter. A couple weeks later I was invited to attend an open house for the position. The Open House was a great opportunity to get a glimpse into the actual working environment. Current employees working in that role were present and they conducted mini-interviews with all the attendees. I ultimately decided that it was not a good fit for me but I would highly recommend that individuals judge for themselves. Everyone was very friendly and I consider it to be an overall, positive experience.

Interview Question – It felt a little like a sorority or fraternity rush being "interviewed" by 25 different people. Everyone had their own questions but they all seemed pretty relevant.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SpareFoot in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Submitted answers to questions for recruiter and ACE Team
2) Phone interview
3) 1/1 interview, 2/1 interview, group interview
4) Interview with CEO

Interview Question – I can't honestly say that any question was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "we'd like to offer you the position, the team really seemed to like you."

SEO Marketing Intern Interview

SEO Marketing Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SpareFoot in July 2012.

Interview Details – I initially submitted my application online and was contacted a week or so later by a manager at the company. This manager would be my point of contact and see me through the entirety of the interview process

The interview started off with a casual phone screener and resume review. After that step was an in-person interview with the Marketing team, and after that step was an interview with employees in the current position and a culture interview with the CEO.

It took around a month from phone screener to final interview, but once the final interview was finished the offer was sent out pretty quickly.

Interview Question – Describe the kind of strategy we could use to compete with major players who are currently more known than us   Answer Question

Worked for SpareFoot? Contribute to the Community!