Spark Communications Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spark Communications

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

1 online application followed by 2 phone interviews, first with a recruiter and second with a current employee, usually Supervisor status or higher. Rather straightforward, behavioral questions about past experiences on resume. To get your foot in the door, seems like it's important to have a referral. Important to emphasize project-based experiences and taking initiative/being proactive. Weird thing was, you list your team preferences on the online application but these preferences are not really taken into account when being assigned to your team. HR should work on this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

had a phone screening then invited for in person interview. After interview did not hear any follow up from HR. I had to reach out 3 weeks later to hear they were still interviewing. Here we are 3 months later, still haven't heard anything..moving on.

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1st interview was over the phone with an HR person from Starcom MediaVest Group. If you make it to the 2nd round, you are brought in for a half day of interviews with 4 people in varying positions and levels of seniority. Basic interview questions, ask for examples of different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Low pay, interviewers made it clear that there was high turnover

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Honestly I over prepared for this interview. Interviewees were nice but they were so busy that they asked pretty routine questions. Interviewed by four different people that were employees of Starcom, Tapestry, etc. Realized that this is a position that has very high-turnover so they need to fill desks quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about about a media campaign that you felt was successful or a failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The range was 30,000-32,000.00 and I was told that I get 30,000.00 even though I had years of work experience.

Media Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Was an intern so received an offer over the phone with no interview. For the internship, I had a phone interview and a skype interview. The first interview involved simple math questions and behavioral questions. The skype interview included additional behavioral questions and was around 30 minutes long. After I interviewed, I received an offer for my internship about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Only had 3 days to accept