Spark Communications

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spark Communications.

Interview Details – 1st interview was over the phone with an HR person from Starcom MediaVest Group. If you make it to the 2nd round, you are brought in for a half day of interviews with 4 people in varying positions and levels of seniority. Basic interview questions, ask for examples of different scenarios.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you failed in your role   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay, interviewers made it clear that there was high turnover

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spark Communications.

Interview Details – Honestly I over prepared for this interview. Interviewees were nice but they were so busy that they asked pretty routine questions. Interviewed by four different people that were employees of Starcom, Tapestry, etc. Realized that this is a position that has very high-turnover so they need to fill desks quickly.

Interview Question – Tell me about about a media campaign that you felt was successful or a failure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The range was 30,000-32,000.00 and I was told that I get 30,000.00 even though I had years of work experience.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Spark Communications in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was an intern so received an offer over the phone with no interview. For the internship, I had a phone interview and a skype interview. The first interview involved simple math questions and behavioral questions. The skype interview included additional behavioral questions and was around 30 minutes long. After I interviewed, I received an offer for my internship about 2 weeks after.

Interview Question – What is 20% of 150   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Only had 3 days to accept

Worked for Spark Communications? Contribute to the Community!