Sparkpr Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sparkpr

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sparkpr in May 2014.

Interview

An initial phone screen with the HR Manager and then a follow up in-person interview with the performance manager, a few additional Sparksters, and then a wrap-up with the HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. They asked for specific examples.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sparkpr (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

My interview process (which took place a few years ago) was long. It took about 4 months to land my job at Spark. It began with a phone screen with HR rep, followed by two rounds of in-person meetings. Spark not only asked for professional references but media references (which can be delicate because many reporters will not give references for PR people). The total time it took to land my job at Spark was nearly 4 months and I was offered a number of offers with higher salaries but went with Spark instead. Still with agency after several years and have been promoted since joining the firm.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about PR and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really wasn't able to negotiate. The offer was decent but I wanted to work for Spark because of the firm's reputation.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

The process took about four months from start to finish. I was able to meet with the New York team twice, plus have a phone interview with two account managers in the San Francisco office. Spark has asked for two media references in addition to my three professional references.

Interview Questions

• Provide us an example of handling a difficult client and how did you manage them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room to negotiate

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sparkpr (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Probably met with about 7 people, everyone from the CEO to most junior. All were great except for one. I was questioned about everything on my resume and experience, preferences etc. I was there for several hours and it was tiring by the end. I got the offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what do you know about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there's some room for negotiation