Sparks Personnel Services Interview Questions & Reviews

2.0

Executive Assistant/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services in July 2014.

The Sparks office in Herndon, VA contacted me as a candidate for a full time position with a company they represent. They would not tell me the name of the company but gave me some details of the position. They requested an interview with me in order to be able to submit my resume to the company. Prior to the in person meeting I had to complete several forms on-line. They sent me a detailed email outlining the interview, where to park, etc. Way at the bottom, after driving and parking instructions, listed documents I was to bring to verify employment eligibility.

I arrived early for the interview and was shuffled in to a very small office and told to watch a video. This video was so outdated that it showed employees of the company filing out time cards by hand and mailing them in to the company. This video represented employees searching for part time or temporary work. Not a permanent full time job as I was looking for. After the video I was asked in person all the exact questions I was asked over the phone. Then I was escorted to another small office to complete more forms on-line. In person I was asked to complete a release for a background check, including my social security number. I refused as I was not comfortable providing this information on paper when I have no idea where this paper will be stored and on who’s desk. IF an offer was extended and IF the company required a background check, I would be happy to provide this information.

The account executive I worked with never called or email to follow up with me. After I followed up with her she simply sent an email stating that she was moving to a different office and would not be my contact any longer. I have never heard from them again.

After I knew what company the job was with, I searched my files and realized I had already applied to the exact same job through indeed.com weeks earlier.

Sparks was a total disappointment and a complete waste of my time!

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sparks Personnel Services in April 2009.

Most professional, responsive and friendly on phone of any agency called. Offered appointment immediately. Very candid about availability of positions. Gave very good advice, even before interview about how to best present yourself. 1 week vacation after 1,500 hours. 401k after 1,000 hours. Flexible. Offer free training and referral awards. Most positive experience of 6 agencies I worked with.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sparks Personnel Services

Worked for Sparks Personnel Services? Contribute to the Community!