Sparrow Health System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Facilities Interview

Facilities
Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sparrow Health System in March 2010.

Interview Details – phone contact by Sparrow human resources. on site interview, followed by email references (minimum of 5). Processing was long and tedious including innoculation records and drug/TB testing. Took a total of nearly four weeks to be processed and cleared to work once position was accepted.

Interview Question – what do you like least about your current job   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and interviewed at Sparrow Health System.

Interview Details – Nurse recruiter called to schedule an interview - only gave me one date and time, which I could not make due to a mandatory clinical. They offered to schedule a phone interview instead. The phone interview was with the nurse recruiter as well as a few of the unit managers.

Interview Question – 1. Tell us one time you doubted your career choice
2. How would you document a pressure ulcer?
3. Tell us the most stressful situation you were in as a nursing student
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Director Interview

Director
Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sparrow Health System in March 2010.

Interview Details – very diligent. two phone interviews and two one day interviews

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave me a figure, I countered and they matched

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nursing Positions Interview

Nursing Positions

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sparrow Health System in May 2012.

Interview Details – I initially applied through the nurse residency program. However, according to the recruiter those positions were already filled up, so they were just interviewing people for future nursing positions.

I originally sent my application in March. I did not hear back until late April. I was then instructed to go online to take a 60 question personality test (ex: I agree, somewhat agree, disagree). After that, I was invited for an interview.

I was interviewed by 2 nurse managers.

I felt that the HR office was very friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you doubted your career choice to be a nurse.   Answer Question
  • You have a patient who cannot express himself and is crying. You have 6 patients, it is toward the end of your shift, you are already behind in work, what do you do?   Answer Question
  • What are the steps for documenting a wound?   Answer Question
  • Do you ever feel it is okay to miss a day of work?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when you overextending yourself, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sparrow Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sparrow Health System interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sparrow Health System employees and interview candidates.