Sparrow Health System

Updated Jul 2, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sparrow Health System

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sparrow Health System.

Nurse recruiter called to schedule an interview - only gave me one date and time, which I could not make due to a mandatory clinical. They offered to schedule a phone interview instead. The phone interview was with the nurse recruiter as well as a few of the unit managers.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell us one time you doubted your career choice
      2. How would you document a pressure ulcer?
      3. Tell us the most stressful situation you were in as a nursing student

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sparrow Health System in March 2010.

phone contact by Sparrow human resources. on site interview, followed by email references (minimum of 5). Processing was long and tedious including innoculation records and drug/TB testing. Took a total of nearly four weeks to be processed and cleared to work once position was accepted.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sparrow Health System in March 2010.

very diligent. two phone interviews and two one day interviews

Interview Questions
    they gave me a figure, I countered and they matched

Nursing Positions Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sparrow Health System in May 2012.

I initially applied through the nurse residency program. However, according to the recruiter those positions were already filled up, so they were just interviewing people for future nursing positions.

I originally sent my application in March. I did not hear back until late April. I was then instructed to go online to take a 60 question personality test (ex: I agree, somewhat agree, disagree). After that, I was invited for an interview.

I was interviewed by 2 nurse managers.

I felt that the HR office was very friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you doubted your career choice to be a nurse.   Answer Question
    • You have a patient who cannot express himself and is crying. You have 6 patients, it is toward the end of your shift, you are already behind in work, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • What are the steps for documenting a wound?   Answer Question
    • Do you ever feel it is okay to miss a day of work?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you overextending yourself, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question