Spartan Controls Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spartan Controls

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Three Interviews, each with two people in the room asking questions: the department manager and 5 coworkers from the department. They had sheets with questions assigned by HR but were free to ask their own questions and most did.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were focused on getting to know me and understand my personality. Staff are very eager to get "A Players", people who excelled during school with very good grades or with heavy involvement in teams or volunteer activities. For the role of application engineer, interviewers are looking for people-people who are easy to talk to and friendly and will represent the company well when speaking with customers, people with a lot of energy who have a lot of interests *well-rounded) and who do interesting things.   Answer Question

Document Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for Document Coordinator job May 30, closing date June 11. Spartan HR called June 26, scheduling interviews week of Calgary Stampede July 7, afternoons only. This week family & friends visit. Wouldn’t it be reasonable to schedule job interviews the following week? Apparently not, cheesy and a red flag!

Interview Questions

• Getting to the job interview in the first place - no relevance or aid associated with the current events within the city   Answer Question

IAS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spartan Controls (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2008.

Interview

Excellent overall. Met with HR and then Manager of the division. Brief talk of skills, past work experience and then some behavior questions. I then wrote a behavior test. I was called in about a week later and we talked over the results. I was then offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Cant remember the specifics but it wasn't ever what I would consider a tough interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a pretty strict organization and some what complex. The base salary seemed at the very low end of the scale but don't worry too much because the profit sharing is very favorable.