Spartan Stores

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spartan Stores.

Interview Details – Walked in was offered job

Negotiation Details – you can not negotiate wages. Either you accept their offer, or you have no job offer.

Very Easy Interview

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Spartan Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details – Really basic, but will vary by manager. I was practically hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None really. If you google interview questions, those are pretty much what I was asked.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist
Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Spartan Stores in January 2012.

Interview Details – Only had one interview

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Spartan Stores in August 2009.

Interview Details – Returned their call the same day, and a manager scheduled an interview with the director in one hour. I agreed, but when I got there I had to wait 20 minutes only to be told that he didn't have time to do it. So, I agreed to reschedule another interview in 3 days. Questions were about my past work history, why I left a job, but also asked financial questions about my previous company that had nothing to do with the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How much did my past company gross in a week?   View Answer
  • Why did I request Sundays as unavailable to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There virtually was no negotiation....take it or leave it, and it was a low offer, but I took it.

Service Clerk Interview

Service Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spartan Stores.

Interview Details – There was just a single interview which was one-on-one. The questions asked were fairly generic and simple. There were no surprises during the process and the main focus was on ensuring that I had the skills needed to function well with customers as well as general knowledge of the store's layout.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was probably being asked what I could offer the company in terms of skills and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation available. They extend an offer to you and you either accept it, and the job, or reject it.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spartan Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed at a coffee shop as the evening manager, or team leader as they called it. I was offered the position a day after the interview. I was called for the interview a day after filling out the apllication, and had my interview the day after the call.

Interview Question – What can you do differently than other interviewing?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I see myself with a lot more potential to grow with the company I'm with now.

Worked for Spartan Stores? Contribute to the Community!