Spartan Stores Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spartan Stores

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spartan Stores.

Walked in was offered job

you can not negotiate wages. Either you accept their offer, or you have no job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Spartan Stores in July 2011.

Really basic, but will vary by manager. I was practically hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • None really. If you google interview questions, those are pretty much what I was asked.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Spartan Stores in January 2012.

Only had one interview

Cashier Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Spartan Stores in August 2009.

Returned their call the same day, and a manager scheduled an interview with the director in one hour. I agreed, but when I got there I had to wait 20 minutes only to be told that he didn't have time to do it. So, I agreed to reschedule another interview in 3 days. Questions were about my past work history, why I left a job, but also asked financial questions about my previous company that had nothing to do with the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • How much did my past company gross in a week?   View Answer
    • Why did I request Sundays as unavailable to work?   View Answer
    There virtually was no negotiation....take it or leave it, and it was a low offer, but I took it.

Service Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spartan Stores.

There was just a single interview which was one-on-one. The questions asked were fairly generic and simple. There were no surprises during the process and the main focus was on ensuring that I had the skills needed to function well with customers as well as general knowledge of the store's layout.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was probably being asked what I could offer the company in terms of skills and experience.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation available. They extend an offer to you and you either accept it, and the job, or reject it.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Spartan Stores in October 2011.

I interviewed at a coffee shop as the evening manager, or team leader as they called it. I was offered the position a day after the interview. I was called for the interview a day after filling out the apllication, and had my interview the day after the call.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do differently than other interviewing?   View Answer

I see myself with a lot more potential to grow with the company I'm with now.

Worked for Spartan Stores? Contribute to the Community!