Special Counsel

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Special Counsel in December 2008.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for this job - the first with a hiring coordinator for Special Counsel and the second directly with representatives of the client. Both were fairly short and straightforward, no tricky or obscure questions. The interviewers were all friendly and conversational, and they made their decision quickly. When they called to offer me the team lead position, I was told the client was impressed with my similar prior experience and my confident demeanor.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Just be prepared to tell them about your prior experience, and show some initiative about what you add to the team and how that will benefit the client, rather than what the client or project can offer you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The rates are not negotiable because they are set by contract between Special Counsel and the client.

Contract Attorney

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Special Counsel in August 2011.

Interview Details – Everything happened over email. I submitted my resume and writing sample and got a follow up phone call to offer me the job. I am pretty highly credentialed so that didn't hurt.

Interview Questions

Contract Attorney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Special Counsel in June 2011.

Interview Details – It's a staffing agency for lawyers, so most of my time in the office was spent filling out paperwork for taxes, benefits, resume information, etc. My interviewer asked general questions about what I wanted to do in law and my past work history. Everyone I met was professional and approachable.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Special Counsel

Worked for Special Counsel? Contribute to the Community!