Special Counsel

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Special Counsel in December 2008.

I had two interviews for this job - the first with a hiring coordinator for Special Counsel and the second directly with representatives of the client. Both were fairly short and straightforward, no tricky or obscure questions. The interviewers were all friendly and conversational, and they made their decision quickly. When they called to offer me the team lead position, I was told the client was impressed with my similar prior experience and my confident demeanor.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Just be prepared to tell them about your prior experience, and show some initiative about what you add to the team and how that will benefit the client, rather than what the client or project can offer you.   View Answer
The rates are not negotiable because they are set by contract between Special Counsel and the client.

Other Interview Reviews for Special Counsel

Contract Attorney Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Special Counsel in August 2011.

Everything happened over email. I submitted my resume and writing sample and got a follow up phone call to offer me the job. I am pretty highly credentialed so that didn't hurt.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience in which you failed.   Answer Question
    • What would you do differently if you could start your working life over?   Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Special Counsel in June 2011.

It's a staffing agency for lawyers, so most of my time in the office was spent filling out paperwork for taxes, benefits, resume information, etc. My interviewer asked general questions about what I wanted to do in law and my past work history. Everyone I met was professional and approachable.

Interview Questions
    • What area of law are you interested in? What kind of lawyer do you want to be?   Answer Question
    • What kind of firm did you work at previously?   Answer Question