Specialty Coating Systems

Interviews for Top Jobs at Specialty Coating Systems

Documentation/Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Specialty Coating Systems in August 2011.

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Two days later had the phone interview. The questions asked were very basic, and were mainly used to screen candidates for face-to-face interviews. I was granted a second in-person interview at the end of the phone conversation. The in person interview took place the following week. It consisted of a 1:1 interview with the individual who would make the final hiring decision, and then led to a 2:1 interview with the same gentleman and his boss. The interview lasted approximately 1.5 hours. I received a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for a second face-to-face interview. Second interview happened the following week. I met with multiple people, which included the: corporate recruiter, department head, and then finally back to the gentleman who would make the final hiring decision (again).

Overall, my experience was a positive one. The process was incredibly unconventional, and did not follow a particular procedure. The individual making the final decision had no formal training on hiring or interviewing, so it was a very relaxed interviewing environment. I personally appreciated it, but I could see how someone would find it frustrating. I would dare to say that this isn't normal for SCS, and that my interview process was circumstantial. Regardless, SCS seems to be an outstanding company that I would've happily accepted an offer from.

Interview Questions
    • What three words would your current supervisor/superior use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • What relevant experience do you have for this particular position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Specialty Coating Systems in January 2010.

I sent my resume in via careerbuilder.com, i received a phone and interview and met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you allow your personal life to get in the way of work?   View Answer
    • Are you currently married and do you have kids?   View Answer

Worked for Specialty Coating Systems? Contribute to the Community!