Specialty Restaurant Group

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was fast and easy, quick. Knowledge of wine and food and previous experience discussed. There is a family culture at this restaurant with much higher than average lengths of employment. Friendly if you prove yourself.

Interview Question – step by step wine selection, presentation, and service walk through   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group in August 2008.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me and did two phone interviews within a few days. I was then put in contact with one of the existing managers at the restaurant and we met at the location. We enjoyed a few appetizers, and talked about the job responsibilities. I then met with the other management staff for a final interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest who wanted to walk out due to poor service, without paying?   Answer Question
  • Describe ten wines, red, white and sparkling, that you recommend and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation, as they had multiple, qualified candidates.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Specialty Restaurant Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Specialty Restaurant Group interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Specialty Restaurant Group employees and interview candidates.