Specialty Restaurant Group Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Specialty Restaurant Group

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group in October 2008.

The interview was fast and easy, quick. Knowledge of wine and food and previous experience discussed. There is a family culture at this restaurant with much higher than average lengths of employment. Friendly if you prove yourself.

Interview Questions
    • step by step wine selection, presentation, and service walk through   Answer Question
    none

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group in August 2008.

A recruiter called me and did two phone interviews within a few days. I was then put in contact with one of the existing managers at the restaurant and we met at the location. We enjoyed a few appetizers, and talked about the job responsibilities. I then met with the other management staff for a final interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a guest who wanted to walk out due to poor service, without paying?   Answer Question
    • Describe ten wines, red, white and sparkling, that you recommend and why.   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation, as they had multiple, qualified candidates.

Worked for Specialty Restaurant Group? Contribute to the Community!