Specialty Restaurant Group Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Specialty Restaurant Group

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group (Tampa, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview was fast and easy, quick. Knowledge of wine and food and previous experience discussed. There is a family culture at this restaurant with much higher than average lengths of employment. Friendly if you prove yourself.

Interview Questions

• step by step wine selection, presentation, and service walk through   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group in August 2008.

Interview

A recruiter called me and did two phone interviews within a few days. I was then put in contact with one of the existing managers at the restaurant and we met at the location. We enjoyed a few appetizers, and talked about the job responsibilities. I then met with the other management staff for a final interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest who wanted to walk out due to poor service, without paying?   Answer Question
    • Describe ten wines, red, white and sparkling, that you recommend and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation, as they had multiple, qualified candidates.