Speck

Speck Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014
Updated Aug 28, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Speck.

Pretty standard interview process. I initially submitted my application online and a recruiter emailed me for a phone screen about a week later. After the phone screen, I had a call with the hiring manager and the questions were pretty standard. (Why do you want to work at Speck? What makes you a good fit for the position? What technical skills can you apply to this role? Are you able to work as an individual and as part of a team?) The call went well and then I was asked to visit HQ and meet with the team. I met one-on-one with all of them and they asked a few questions about my qualifications, but mainly ignored my resume and seemed to be more interested in finding a cultural fit.

The whole process took a few weeks and the hourly rate was higher than expected.

Interview Questions
    Great pay for interns! Didn't need to negotiate

Design Engineer Interview

Simple process. Two phone interviews then onsite interview with 4-5 people over 6 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Technical experience questions, but nothing out of the norm.   Answer Question

Not the right fit for me.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Speck in December 2011.

Applied online.
    Contacted by Recruiter and talked briefly about experience and job position.
    On-site 1:1 interview with a Hiring Manager and HR Manager. Both of the interviews were very open/informal, with no specific format or questions... mainly diving deeper into resume/experience and more in-depth into job position.
    Advancement would have required a second on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • Would you every dismiss a supplier based on first impression (less then 2 minutes)?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Speck in June 2010.

Interviewed with recruiter on the phone and then three interviewers face to face.

Anonymous Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Speck.

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. It felt like an interview from an era where time does not exist. The phone interview was much longer than most recruiter screens. I was asked to go into detail about every position that I had since I graduated. The recruiter was transcribing everything that I said which made this process go even longer. Unlike other phone screens, the recruiter did not discuss the job, company or employees. This made the interview agonizingly long. Maybe the recruiter was being paid by the hour?

Office Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Speck.

The initial screening involved speaking with the company's corporate recruiter. I then interviewed with the head of HR and the company's HR generalist. The process was a bit unorganized and I had to instigate a lot of the communication.

However, the HR team was very friendly, and the interview was very casual and conversational. They did most of the talking and didn't ask too many questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest misconception people have about you?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Speck in March 2011.

Very polite, punctual and timely.

Interview Questions
    • What is something will find out about you 6 months from now?   Answer Question
    Took my first offer