Specs Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014
6 interviews

1.5

Department Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Specs.

very short, I was in the right place at the right time. The application is 80 percent of it. We got along very well. There interview process is very rehearsed. Unless you are going for a premium job. Make sure you smile and are in a good mood. Use your "street smarts" Do not let them know you know about the in store commission plan, it is.....not good it is highly controlled by the owners. Bigger store sales reps do better than average most do below. Do not get them to make any promises, they will not keep them. If you have some alcohol background, bartending beer sales ect....they will push you into beer or liquor, do not let them. Wine is where the money is. They love to "stack the deck" If you are applying for a wine job and they push you into something unless you need the job end the interview mention how you wont to be in wine. 99 percent of your career is the interview if they offer 12 per hour ask for 14 ect....

Interview Questions
    when I pressed, pat went up one dollar per Hr.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Specs.

I applied via a paper application at one of the stores. It took several weeks before I got a call back. I met with a district manager for about 20-30 minutes. He sent me for a drug screen, then called a few days later to offer the position. (Note: A drug screen is no longer required.)

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Wine Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Specs in June 2012.

Interviewed in Lubbock, with person from corp/Houston. She encouraged open thinking, sampling, offering tastes of products that we sell, which are absolutely in the Multi-thousands!

Cashier Interview

You turn in your application to the store, preferably a manager (there are usually 3 in every store). The district manager will call you thereafter if you are a candidate. I got a call about 2 weeks after turning in my app. We scheduled an interview for a few days after the initial phone call. I went (on a Wednesday I believe), we had a 45 minute interview, and I started the next Monday. Pretty straightforward questions about retail: how do you handle problem customers, your flexibility with hours, are you TABC Certified?, etc. Even if you don't know a lot about alcohol, they will still hire you and eventually you'll learn the ropes.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult questions in my interview.   Answer Question
    N/A. Lol

Wine Salesman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Specs in June 2013.

Met with two managers and completed a quick Q&A style interview

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "What other companies have you applied for?"   Answer Question
    "We pay $9/ hour plus commission, when can you start?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Specs in July 2008.

Submitted application, several weeks later got a call and interviewed with district manager. Got offer on the spot.
    It took a long time between submitting the interview and getting a call back. I'd nearly forgotten I applied.
    There was a 4-day orientation (since reduced to 1-day) which had nothing to do with my actual job, but was more about the company and product.

Interview Questions
    • Only interesting part of the interview is when he told me I would have to pass a drug test prior to employment, but that "weed was ok."   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Specs

Worked for Specs? Contribute to the Community!