Spectra Energy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.7

Pipeliner Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Spectra Energy.

Be honest.....military a pluss

Interview Questions
    • no silly questions..... just a casual interview...work history   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Spectra Energy in September 2013.

I got selected for an interview during campus recruiting. I had a positive experience with spectra during the interview process, I had one interview and it seemed like they really liked me so they contacted me with an offer after two months. I did not accept the offer because spectra was really slow on the process and I have already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not difficult typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Had a better offer.

Intern Interview

Spectra invites applicants to dinner the day before the actual interview. Recruiters tried to keep the dinner casual, yet informative. Most conversations were driven by applicant's questions. The atmosphere was positive. On the day of the actual interview, they asked about your classes and your resume. Then it was followed up by a bunch of behavioral questions they are required to ask. The interview was positive too.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about Spectra's operations/projects? I don't remember if the interviewer asked about the operations or projects. It was something specific. I did do some company research before i went, but I couldn't answer the question in detail.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Spectra Energy.

The interview began with an resume review, where they asked clarification questions. Afterwards, they ran through a list of interview questions that they were asking everyone. It seemed a bit forced, but the interviewer tried to comment and make the conversation flow, so it wasn't too mechanical. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Spectra Energy and what made you want to interview with us?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Spectra Energy in October 2012.

Found me through college career center, invited me to interview in October. Interviewed in mid-October and found out in December. They took much longer than expected but the interview experience was good, all behavioral.

Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spectra Energy.

Recruiter called me about the position. I got an interview and was asked to fill out an application online.
    On the day of the interview, I was greeted by an HR Representative and was given a guest badge. I was asked to wait for the Hiring Manager.
    I was interviewed by the Hiring Manager and the Director.
    Questions that were asked were mainly related to my prior experiences and the company I worked for at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What is in the Liquidity section of the 10-K? The Hiring Manager at the time no longer works there. I'm pretty sure she was the only one who asked technical questions.   Answer Question
    My recruiter did all the work.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spectra Energy in February 2012.

Invited to dinner the night before with other applicants to meet with the interviewer and learn more about the company. Next day was a standard 1 on 1 interview with behavioral type questions. My overall perception of the company was very positive.

Systems Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Spectra Energy.

Non professional at all, they said they will let me know about the outcome in 2 weeks but never did, lack of communications during the process.

Mechanical Engineer EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spectra Energy in October 2013.

Interviewed with 3 technical people and one HR representative for a variety of different new graduate positions. Straight forward behavioral questions along with resume scrutiny. They were 45 minutes late to start the interview. Otherwise no surprises throughout the interview. Very informal, they wore matching polos. Good company overall though.