Spectrum Brands Interview Questions in Madison, WI

Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.6

Senior Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Brands (Madison, WI).

Interview

3 interviews, 2 phone 1 in person. Very unclear description of leadership structure: it was unclear as to whom I would actually be reporting. In-person was very typical.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you learned at your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

limited negotiation. generous relocation, with lots of process/ paperwork.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Brands (Madison, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

The first interview was relaxed and not terribly formal. The supervisor asked about my background and skills. He talked glowingly of his department and showed a lot of care for his employees. The second interview was actually for a data entry position, which I accepted when I was not hired for the Engineering Technician position. I was able to prove myself once I got into the department and was given a position as Engineering Technician.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult to get around to what I could do for the department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Trade Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spectrum Brands (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

Found at job fair. Super nice HR representative and called promptly after submitting resume. Probably helped that I knew a previous hire of theirs. The entire thing was very conversational. I don't even think they asked any analytical or behavioral questions. Just wanted to know about me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Spectrum Brands (Madison, WI) in December 2011.

Interview

I arrived for my second (in person) interview a few minutes early and was met after the meeting time to begin. I was brought to a conference room, where I went through three person to person interviews. One interviewer asked if I got the schedule of interviews - I hadn't, but they told me I had 2 more after them. When I finished the third interview, I waited. And waited, and waited, and waited. After forty minutes in the conference room, I tried to get someone's attention to see what was going on. I could not find anyone, so I left. I sent a note to apologize for not meeting everyone, but I waited forty minutes and no one showed up. This is when the company informed that I didn't meet the requirements and would no be considered any longer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made an error, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

NPD Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spectrum Brands (Madison, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screening by an outside recruiter and company. On-site Panel interview with various functional groups and levels. General behavioral questions and STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) answers expected. Some technical aptitude questions and backround description as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe specific experiences you've had around managing retailer expectations, engineering limitations, and business objectives.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate pay slightly. Able to negotiate for more vacation and a non-prorated bonus.