Spectrum Health Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Nurse Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

I applied online. I was called the next day for a phone interview and to set up a face to face interview the next day. scheduled the interview and was hired a few hours later. Interview was easy and straight forward. Interviewer was nice and comforting. I didn't feel intimidated at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What are your hobbies? What type of experience do you have in this position? Are you in school?   Answer Question

Mobile/Web Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

I was contacted by a recruiter and set up a phone screen. The initial phone screen was pretty straight forward and asked about my background, interests, future plans, etc. After the phone screen I was contacted within a few days to setup an in-person interview. This first in-person interview was to test my technical background. They asked some basic JavaScript questions and also some logic questions. Nothing too difficult. After that, I was contacted once more to set-up a final in-person interview which was more of a job shadow. This was an all-day meet and greet with the different project teams. Everyone was nice and asked me questions about myself and also gave me opportunities to ask about their work.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in Grand Rapids?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

Clunky, so many people was emailing me and it was confusing who to contact about benefits and stuff. Said one thing in the interview that still has not panned out (strategic organization, value people who are vocal)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing earth shatteringly different than other interviews   Answer Question
    Positive, experienced recruiter, nice people interviewed me

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I had my leadership rotation on the same unit I was hired. I applied through the nurse recruiter, was given an interview with her, followed by an interview with the unit managers. The process was straightforward, and all communications followed through the nurse recruiter. This was more than 10 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses, and how do you think that you can overcome it?   Answer Question

CDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spectrum Health in February 2014.

Lied in the interview process to get person hired and did not tell where they'd be working or how many program driven, fee for service driven, money centered, inexperienced workers among sites for high risk population to service

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question very engaging but lied the entire time   Answer Question
    Bonused

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

The hiring process is what you would expect. A long HR process followed by multiple interviews and weeks of waiting for an answer. This is not a a slam: this is the typical employer-employee process you will find in most organizations of this size.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and describe a time that you were able to solve a problem effectively.   Answer Question

Patient Registration Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health in March 2013.

Received a call that same week from HR. Then a recruiter for a phone interview about 30 mins. Then received a call from a manager for a brief group interview, with the patient registration managers of different department.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

There was a phone interview with a HR recruiter, who then recommended me to the hiring manager. An in-person interview came after that. There was then a call from the recruiter saying that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was available. The offer was pretty much set in stone.

New Grad Float Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health in March 2012.

I applied online. About 5 days later I received an e-mail asking about my dream-nursing job. Following this, a secretary called me to ask if I was still interested in the job. I said yes. She scheduled me for my first phone interview. I also was required to send in my list of references through a website where emails were sent immediately to those references. The references were asked to complete a questionaire which rated different characteristics. It also asked them to give 3 strenghts and 3 weakeness of myself. Now I"m just waiting for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you saw a patient being abused, and the manager chose to ignore it, what would you do?   Answer Question

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludington, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludington, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spectrum Health in June 2011.

I first applied online at their website. The site was ok, nothing spectacular. The interview was with the whole department together. They asked behavioral questions, and were very polite and considerate. At first I felt on display, but they made me feel better. They took turns asking questions and they all wrote/rated my responses.