Spectrum Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a 30 minute phone interview with HR staff. In person interview was scheduled approximately 2 weeks later with hiring manager. In person interview was about 90 minutes. The overall process was managed by the recruiter as the main point of contact. Both the recruiter and the hiring manager had a template of questions they were asking. After the interview I was also requested to complete a personality screening test. Overall it was a good interview experience. On the negative side I never received any feedback on why I was not offered the position even when I asked.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to how I would solve problems or respond in challenging situations.   Answer Question

Nursing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The entire process took exactly 3 weeks. I was notified via email that I was chosen for an interview. Set up a date and time to do a phone interview about 4 days later. The phone interview took about 20 minutes very standard questions. Then 2 days later I recieved an email that my application was forwarded to the hiring manager (head nurse). About 2-3 days later I recieved a call to set up an in person interview that was scheduled a week later. During my in person interview, the questions that were asked were mostly what are your hobbys? Goals? Education? Background information. The entire in person interview took only 25 minutes. 3 days later I got the offer.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview and then was invited for an in person interview, but could not make it. The phone interview was very straightforward and the recruiter was very nice. It was my first ever interview for a career position and I felt relatively comfortable during the interview, but I was glad that beforehand I reviewed some interview questions for practice.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was behavior-based questions, such as "tell me about a time when you...etc..."   Answer Question

Procedure Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying for a thousand jobs and ten over the phone interviews the recruiter called and wanted to work with me because she felt bad. She sent my information over to a few different departments and I ended up with a couple of interviews at the hospital.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake that you made in your last job and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

IS Services & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Took about a month to hear anything. Was contacted about a phone interview. The interviewer called me five minutes after our agreed up on time. She seemed rush and distracted.

Interview Questions

• "Explain an experience when you had to take the lead or lead a project". "Explain a time when a normal solution to a problem would not work and you have to think outside the box to solve the problem".   Answer Question

Nurse Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

I applied online. I was called the next day for a phone interview and to set up a face to face interview the next day. scheduled the interview and was hired a few hours later. Interview was easy and straight forward. Interviewer was nice and comforting. I didn't feel intimidated at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your hobbies? What type of experience do you have in this position? Are you in school?   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2014.

Interview

Offers job shadow experience, job description thoroughly explained, asked questions regarding long term relationship with company and goals, asked about education, work experience, why I'm a good fit for spectrum health

Nursing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

interviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job in April of 2014, but was never contacted, so I figured they didn't even consider me for the position. Out of the blue though, in July of 2014 HR emailed me and asked if I would be available to do a phone interview. I gave her a time and she called me the next day. It literally took about 15-20 minutes, which was short from previous phone interviews I have done. She emailed me a few days later and recommended me to the head nurse in the dempartment the position was for. The head nurse emailed me and I believe we talked on the phone to set up an in person interview. The face to face interview literally took only 20 minutes, which did make me nervous. Other than that though it seemed to go extremely well. The basic interview questions were asked. Be prepared to be asked what your long term goals are and where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years. Have your answers ready before the interview. You want to come off as confident. Then, 5 days later(due to the holiday and what not) HR called me and offered me the position. I am ecstatic!

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you made a mistake? And how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, great job, great pay, and benefits. Can't complain!

Mobile/Web Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and set up a phone screen. The initial phone screen was pretty straight forward and asked about my background, interests, future plans, etc. After the phone screen I was contacted within a few days to setup an in-person interview. This first in-person interview was to test my technical background. They asked some basic JavaScript questions and also some logic questions. Nothing too difficult. After that, I was contacted once more to set-up a final in-person interview which was more of a job shadow. This was an all-day meet and greet with the different project teams. Everyone was nice and asked me questions about myself and also gave me opportunities to ask about their work.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in Grand Rapids?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

Interview

Clunky, so many people was emailing me and it was confusing who to contact about benefits and stuff. Said one thing in the interview that still has not panned out (strategic organization, value people who are vocal)

Interview Questions

• Nothing earth shatteringly different than other interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation

Positive, experienced recruiter, nice people interviewed me