Spectrum Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Spectrum Health in December 2014.

First had a phone interview and then was invited for an in person interview, but could not make it. The phone interview was very straightforward and the recruiter was very nice. It was my first ever interview for a career position and I felt relatively comfortable during the interview, but I was glad that beforehand I reviewed some interview questions for practice.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was behavior-based questions, such as "tell me about a time when you...etc..."   Answer Question

IS Services & Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health in November 2014.

Took about a month to hear anything. Was contacted about a phone interview. The interviewer called me five minutes after our agreed up on time. She seemed rush and distracted.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain an experience when you had to take the lead or lead a project".

"Explain a time when a normal solution to a problem would not work and you have to think outside the box to solve the problem".

Answer Question

Nurse Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

I applied online. I was called the next day for a phone interview and to set up a face to face interview the next day. scheduled the interview and was hired a few hours later. Interview was easy and straight forward. Interviewer was nice and comforting. I didn't feel intimidated at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What are your hobbies? What type of experience do you have in this position? Are you in school?   Answer Question

Nursing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

interviewed at Spectrum Health in July 2014.

I applied for this job in April of 2014, but was never contacted, so I figured they didn't even consider me for the position. Out of the blue though, in July of 2014 HR emailed me and asked if I would be available to do a phone interview. I gave her a time and she called me the next day. It literally took about 15-20 minutes, which was short from previous phone interviews I have done. She emailed me a few days later and recommended me to the head nurse in the dempartment the position was for. The head nurse emailed me and I believe we talked on the phone to set up an in person interview. The face to face interview literally took only 20 minutes, which did make me nervous. Other than that though it seemed to go extremely well. The basic interview questions were asked. Be prepared to be asked what your long term goals are and where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years. Have your answers ready before the interview. You want to come off as confident. Then, 5 days later(due to the holiday and what not) HR called me and offered me the position. I am ecstatic!

Interview Questions
    • When was a time where you made a mistake? And how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    No negotiating, great job, great pay, and benefits. Can't complain!

Mobile/Web Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

I was contacted by a recruiter and set up a phone screen. The initial phone screen was pretty straight forward and asked about my background, interests, future plans, etc. After the phone screen I was contacted within a few days to setup an in-person interview. This first in-person interview was to test my technical background. They asked some basic JavaScript questions and also some logic questions. Nothing too difficult. After that, I was contacted once more to set-up a final in-person interview which was more of a job shadow. This was an all-day meet and greet with the different project teams. Everyone was nice and asked me questions about myself and also gave me opportunities to ask about their work.

Interview Questions
    • How many gas stations are there in Grand Rapids?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spectrum Health.

Clunky, so many people was emailing me and it was confusing who to contact about benefits and stuff. Said one thing in the interview that still has not panned out (strategic organization, value people who are vocal)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing earth shatteringly different than other interviews   Answer Question
    Positive, experienced recruiter, nice people interviewed me

Medical Informatics Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spectrum Health in April 2014.

It was a 30mins phone interview for a data analyst/mining position. Other than the mentioned questions, I was given detailed project overview. I liked the project in one go and thus decided to immediately accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done as part of your masters' degree?   Answer Question
    • How does this job best fits your career goals?   Answer Question
    • What was it like working for your previous employer? What did you do with them?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with documentation? - Seemed like a project specific question   Answer Question
    I was given an offer in Summer for $15/hr. I refused that as I thought I deserved more. I was called again for Fall internship at $20/hr.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I had my leadership rotation on the same unit I was hired. I applied through the nurse recruiter, was given an interview with her, followed by an interview with the unit managers. The process was straightforward, and all communications followed through the nurse recruiter. This was more than 10 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of your weaknesses, and how do you think that you can overcome it?   Answer Question

Nuclear Medicine Technologist Interview

The hiring process is what you would expect. A long HR process followed by multiple interviews and weeks of waiting for an answer. This is not a a slam: this is the typical employer-employee process you will find in most organizations of this size.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and describe a time that you were able to solve a problem effectively.   Answer Question

Patient Registration Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spectrum Health in March 2013.

Received a call that same week from HR. Then a recruiter for a phone interview about 30 mins. Then received a call from a manager for a brief group interview, with the patient registration managers of different department.