Spectrum K12

Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Manager Interview

Support Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spectrum K12 in June 2008.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews with the VP of Software Development after being cleared from the recruiter. The recruiter thought I had it in the bag all along. I was asked to come in for a full day of battery interviews. I did so an was interviewed by all department heads and the person who was trying to transition out of the job I was interviewing for. It was uncomfortable. The people that report to the position were also interviewing.

After that full day of interviewing I had another phone call with the VP and asked to return with a 90 day plan. I did so. He was somewhat aloof and clearly the person who was transitioning out of the role did not like me.

Overall it seemed like they didn't really know what they wanted. They kept saying they didn't know if the person they wanted was out there. it seemed to me like they should bite the bullet and fire the person in the position and affect some change. She clearly had a negative attitude and probably a poor impact also.

I was provided no reason for not receiving the offer. In general I think they were not 100% serious and my age was a factor (too young). Valid though it may be I spent a lot of time and got jerked around.

Interview Question – What is your 90 day plan?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Spectrum K12 in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring managers appear to be seasoned vetarans that are excited about the prospects for this company. They were candid and respectful. The company is in transition and will require hardwork. Lots of new products and services to learn about. Compensation seems very reasonable with a solid base and commission plan.

Interview Question – What is my strategy for growth?   Answer Question

Worked for Spectrum K12? Contribute to the Community!