Speedway LLC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

In person interview at hiring center. Very basic interview questions. A lot of yes or no type questions. Are you of age to sell tobacco products? Do you mind working nights? They said they need to wait to my background and references cleared and I would hear back within two weeks however they called me back 2 days later. They offered me $8 an hour weekly pay. I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crest Hill, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Crest Hill, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later for an interview. The interview took place at the recruiting center and it went well. The recruiter told me she'd call me after the background check was finished and she called my references. I recieved a call about a week and a half later saying that I got the job and to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dyer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

There interview was pretty easy. It was mostly question about you customer service skills and your previous work history. The interviewer was very energetic so it made me excited about wanting to me and talk with her. She really calmed my nerves because I was really nervous.

Anonymous Employee in Dyer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call exactly 2 days later for an interview. The day I was supposed to go for my interview the lady got sick so it took 1 or so to get an actual interview .

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Bloomingdale, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews. First I had one with the recruiter who called me on Monday after I had applied on Friday. When I went she asked just about my previous work experience. A lot of what I did before matched up the job description so the interview clicked. NOTE. I have never been a shift lead before officially. The first interview lasted 30 minutes. The next day she called and set me up with the district manager next week for an interview. When I got to the interview with him it seemed that he already had his mind made up since I only talked for 5 minutes and he talked the rest of the time explaining benefits and procedure. At the end he said "well now all we have to do is wait for your background check and you should be good" And literally the next day I got a call saying I got the job. The whole process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. I get paid $9.50 but to be honest with their expantion rate currently and ability for getting a promotion to double that pay I don't mind it. Also a thing I didn't know about speedway is that their shift leads get a bonus too not just the store and assistant manager. Pretty cool.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

No actually interview. Received a phone call for an "interview" but recruiter only talked to about the job. No real interview process. Just had to show up and I had the job.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Co-Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Merrillville, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

The initial communication was professional. The interview was scheduled at a specific day and time. I arrived early and was provided with sheets of policies, rules, and cleaning checklists. After spending time going over these sheets, I continued to wait for someone to come speak with me. My actual interview did not start until 20 minutes after the scheduled time. I was placed in a cramped closet of sorts with the interviewers. One of the interviewers was quite unprofessional. This interviewer was sitting on the chair with feet on the chair. I believe I asked more questions of them. I was told that I would expect a call from the district manager if I got the job or a letter if I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the most common questions out there for interviews, No one was very creative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dyer, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Dyer, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call in less than a week. I missed the recruiters call and left about 3 voicemails before they finally got back to me the following week. I was scheduled for an interview for the 4th of November. The interview was fairly easy. I was asked questions such as "Tell me about yourself, Can you or have you worked with food?, Why do you want to work at Speedway, availability, and my age." I was told that since I'm only 18 it would be difficult to place me since they sell alcohol and you have to be 21. She said she would do a reference check and background check which would take up to 2 weeks. It's been about three weeks now and I still haven't gotten a call back. I'm assuming I didn't get the job but you cant be too sure. I'm going to give them a call to make sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Tinley Park, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview had standard question about previos jobs, work conflict, and management like skills. Good eye contact is key. The questions were clear but common sense answers.They will call you by the end of the week if you pass your background check. They are good for rehires if you have worked well inthe past. The odds of passing the interview is about 60%.

Interview Questions

• was there any conflicts at a previous job that was difficult to overcome could be a customer or co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation

none. minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Speedway LLC (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview about a week later. Their interview process was at a recruiting agency rather than at the specific store. The interviewer was very nice and asked easy questions. By the end of the interview, the lady made several comments that made it clear I got the job. After she ran my background check, I was called to come in for training. The process took about a week and a half. I've been working for about a week now and I hate it. They have you do SO MUCH WORK for 8.50 an hour and absolutely no perks. They throw away so much food every hour and you can't have any of it. You only get a break if you work 7 hours and the break is only 20 minutes.. Needless to say I'm looking for another job so I can quit as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment this far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.