Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Speedway LLC
- Customer Service Representative (34)
- Co-Manager (13)
- Cashier (7)
- Customer Service Representative/Cashier (6)
- Store Manager (5)
- District Manager Trainee (4)
- Shift Leader (4)
- Co-Manager Trainee (3)
- District Manager (3)
- Leadership Program Participant (DMT) (2)
- LPP (2)
- District Manager Trainee LPP (1)
- LLP (1)
- CMT (1)
- Customer Service Representativeo (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Food Service (1)
- Graphic Designer (1)
- Senior Programmer/Analyst (1)
- General Manager (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Any (1)
- Intern (1)
- Retail Management (1)
- Store Manager Trainee (1)
- Manager (1)
- Purchasing (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Speedway LLC (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2014.
I was called the day after I applied online for the position. Unfortunately, I was at my other job and could not call back until after hours. (5 PM) I received a call back the next day and set up an appointment the following day for an interview.
The next day I went in for my interview. I waited in their lobby with other potential candidates as they conducted interviews in the offices next to us. One interview had 3 or more people asking a single person questions. I believe this was for a management position, but I'm not entirely sure.
When it was my turn I met with a single person. She was nice, and spoke to me about various responsibility in my previous jobs. Asked my why I wanted to work for Speedway LLC. We discussed advancement into management.
They then needed to run a background check. After the check was completed (2 or 3 days later) they called me to ask when i could start.
I went in for "orientation" before actually beginning at the store. This was mostly just watching a few videos about Speedway on their computers, and then discussing guidelines of what not to do in the store.
- "What do you do when you have an issue with a coworker?" 1 Answer
They would not negotiate above minimum wage, and said i would receive better pay if I moved up to management in the future.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Speedway LLC (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2013.
Met a recruiter at a career fair, received a phone call for an in-person interview a few weeks later. Completed an online application prior to the interview. Interview was at regional office, questions asked were experience, situational and behavioral based. Typical office environment setting, interviewer was the HR representative at the time. I received an offer for the internship within one month of the interview.
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision that negatively impacted someone else, such as firing someone from a team Answer Question