Speedway LLC

2.3

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Speedway LLC in December 2014.

Had two interviews. First I had one with the recruiter who called me on Monday after I had applied on Friday. When I went she asked just about my previous work experience. A lot of what I did before matched up the job description so the interview clicked. NOTE. I have never been a shift lead before officially. The first interview lasted 30 minutes.
    The next day she called and set me up with the district manager next week for an interview.
    When I got to the interview with him it seemed that he already had his mind made up since I only talked for 5 minutes and he talked the rest of the time explaining benefits and procedure.
    At the end he said "well now all we have to do is wait for your background check and you should be good"
    And literally the next day I got a call saying I got the job. The whole process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate. I get paid $9.50 but to be honest with their expantion rate currently and ability for getting a promotion to double that pay I don't mind it.
    Also a thing I didn't know about speedway is that their shift leads get a bonus too not just the store and assistant manager. Pretty cool.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

Interview was held in a parking lot, maybe 5-10 minutes long. District manager did all the talking, the only questioned asked was my availability. Then introduced to the regional trainer who was not wearing a bra.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

No actually interview. Received a phone call for an "interview" but recruiter only talked to about the job. No real interview process. Just had to show up and I had the job.

no negotiation

Co-Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Speedway LLC in November 2014.

Excellent, informal, personal. The recruiter laid out the expectations and went over my background - assuring that I understood the process and the expectations to meet my ultimate goal. Immediately let me know about a second interview and the process moving forward and gave me the timeline.

Exellent

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Speedway LLC in November 2014.

Basically I submitted an application and was called in to their recruiting office to interview. The interview lasted a little under a half an hour and we went over what the job responsibilities and expectations were along with what I was looking for and if my desired position would match what they had to offer. Very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the interview difficult. We discussed my work history and how I have handled customer service related situations in prior jobs and what I was looking for from a company along with other common questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Speedway LLC in October 2014.

My first interview wasn't even near the same town as the job I applied for but they were quick about their decision into interviewing me for a second time a day later. This interview was for a Co manager trainee position which is much lower in the chain.

Interview Questions
    I accepted this position because I didn't have the experience they wanted but I also have a great business degree and can go further than just a Co manager. I'm hoping they stick to their word when they say I'll move up fast in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Speedway LLC in October 2014.

I applied online and received a call for an interview about two weeks later in Cincinnati. The interview IMO went very well and lasted roughly 45 minutes. The interviewer said it would take about a week to get the background check completed. Its now been 3.5 weeks later and I still haven't heard anything. I decided to be proactive and contact interviewee to check the application status after already sending a concise thank you note. She said my background check and info had been completed and was being sent to the current DM's and that I would expect to hear back from one of them in another week IF they found me qualified so I don't know what that means. Its been two weeks since that conversation so it looks pretty grim now. From what the others have said on glassdoor the interview process could range from 3 weeks to 2 months. I could still very well be in the running and get contacted in another week or two though given Speedways late time table.I will write another review here on glassdoor to follow this up once the process has been finalized. I was really excited about this position, but if I find it unprofessional that Speedway cannot give accurate timelines or bother to send an applicant a polite rejection email/letter if not selected instead of just contact at all.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was not difficult and the interviewee seemed professional and friendly   View Answer

District Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Speedway LLC in September 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call for an interview a week later. I went in for the interview the hr lady suggested I continue to apply as a Co-Manager Trainee since I didnt have much recent experience in retail. I agreed and continued with the interview process. She called me the next day to move me forward with another interview with the district manager. After the interview with the district manager I havent heard anything back, almost a month now.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were behavorial. Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to work for Speedway, Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, Have you ever fired someone, how many people have you managed, etc. The second interview was the same format, it only last 10 minutes.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

Did a phone interview and then a face to face interview. Interviewee was very nice and discussed how she started as a part time employee and rose through the ranks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

Applied in person, called 2 days later to set up interview. Interview was painless, held in storage room while other employees came in and out. Overall very positive process, very friendly work environment.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Basic strengths and weaknesses...   Answer Question
    No negotiation