Speedway LLC

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leadership Program Participant (DMT) Interview

Leadership Program Participant (DMT)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Speedway LLC in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews one with the head of the region of human resources then the region manager who has a part of the state and then the area manager who has the whole state. The interview was really jus sitting down and talking with each person about why Speedway why do you think you're a good fit and such and such. It was really an organized sit down and answer behavioral based questions and they write your answers. It was more of a sit down and have a conversation about you and Speedway and the position and while you're having a conversation they are getting a feel for you as you go. After each interview I knew right then and there if they wanted me to have another interview with the next level manager.

Interview Question – Really weren't difficult questions but just make sure you are initiating conversation and presenting yourself as a people person that can take charge and be a leader. They are really looking for young motivated leaders.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay. After your first training year pay becomes great.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Speedway LLC in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with GM, asked general questions about experience, and why you want to work for the company. They are most interested in people who want to grow with the company. If your interviewing for the cashier position, a good tip, is to mention that you would like to become a manager in the future. They love this! The GM will tell you if you got the job or not after the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Speedway?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Speedway LLC in July 2014.

Interview Details – It was okay. It was simple, basic questions that he asked me. He asked me where would I see myself 5 years from now, he asked about my biggest accomplishments to date, he told me to tell him some things about myself, things like that.

Interview Question – None were asked to me.   Answer Question

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Speedway LLC in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was called the day after I applied online for the position. Unfortunately, I was at my other job and could not call back until after hours. (5 PM) I received a call back the next day and set up an appointment the following day for an interview.

The next day I went in for my interview. I waited in their lobby with other potential candidates as they conducted interviews in the offices next to us. One interview had 3 or more people asking a single person questions. I believe this was for a management position, but I'm not entirely sure.

When it was my turn I met with a single person. She was nice, and spoke to me about various responsibility in my previous jobs. Asked my why I wanted to work for Speedway LLC. We discussed advancement into management.

They then needed to run a background check. After the check was completed (2 or 3 days later) they called me to ask when i could start.

I went in for "orientation" before actually beginning at the store. This was mostly just watching a few videos about Speedway on their computers, and then discussing guidelines of what not to do in the store.

Interview Question – "What do you do when you have an issue with a coworker?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate above minimum wage, and said i would receive better pay if I moved up to management in the future.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Speedway LLC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at a career fair, received a phone call for an in-person interview a few weeks later. Completed an online application prior to the interview. Interview was at regional office, questions asked were experience, situational and behavioral based. Typical office environment setting, interviewer was the HR representative at the time. I received an offer for the internship within one month of the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision that negatively impacted someone else, such as firing someone from a team   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Store Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Speedway LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Normal resume submission. First contact was a phone interview, lasted 30 minutes. The HR person doing the phone interview was informative and professional during this call. There were no unusual questions. The standard why are you looking, what work history relates to this position and the STAR questions.
This led to a personal interview with the HR person that had performed the phone interview. This interview went slightly deeper into work history and past employers. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was asked if I had time later in he week to schedule an interview with a hiring manager. I did so.
 The last interview turned out to be with the hiring manager and his manager as well as a management intern that was simply sitting in. I was given a run down of the mgmt training program and expectations of salary and benefits for management. I was repeatedly asked if these were acceptable. The opening salary was a bit low, but there seemed to be room for advancement and a bonus structure that offered opportunity.
The management salary improves after training if a store is available and they really seemed curious about your ability to relocate. All of which I repeatedly assured them I was entirely comfortable with.
The result was an indication that I should expect to hear from them with an offer within the week.
I thanked everyone present at this interview and followed up within 24 hours with an email to both managers and the intern, thanking them for there time and for considering my employment and that I was looking forward to hearing from them. After a week I placed a call to the hiring manager and left a voice mail. I did reach the HR person ( who was the hiring managers wife) and had a pleasant conversation. I was assured I would her from someone soon, either by phone or email.
 After the second week I made a call to the hiring manager and his manager both of whom participated in the interview. I left voice mails for both and have not herd back from either.
I suppose I should be grateful that I didn't get an offer and accept it. If your level of professional conduct does not allow for a polite rejection, I'm certain that employees find themselves frustrated on a regular basis by upper management.

Interview Question – A question about my age and why I would be willing to work long hours.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Speedway LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was one group interview day, about 20 people showed up to the district office to do interviews for various stores. You read pamphlits, and they scored you on the basic knowledge and pesonality.

Interview Question – Explain how you went above and beyond in your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure that you will get consistent hours. I did not negotiate this, and I was not given this.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Speedway LLC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Many interviews with numerous people. Very detailed and oriented towards processes of previous jobs. They try and interpret how you will react in certain situations. Much is asked about your previous management situations

Interview Question – Where to you hope to be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Somerset, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Speedway LLC in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is similar to any other near minimum wage job. I interviewed with the manager of the store at an open interview and started working the next week. In bigger cities, though, they have a recruiting center, in which, you are assigned a store.

Interview Question – None were unexpected   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Speedway LLC.

Interview Details – Dawn and Margaret were great recruiters. They were professional and have wonderful personalities and were very helpful! Dawn is very knowledgeable regarding what to expect on your first day. She has a very positive attitude and is very personable. Overall the interview and hiring process is easy. I believe they now do criminal background checks, which were desperately needed!!! They should definitely consider drug testing as well!

Interview Question – The usual strength and weakness question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Worked for Speedway LLC? Contribute to the Community!