Speedway LLC

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representativeo Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

The process is very simple and quick. Applications are all routed through a centralized recruiting center. Applications that are completed properly and fit the requirements for the position(s) are contacted immediately. If interview goes well, background check is entered immediately and references are checked. As long as everything returns favorable, and a position is open, a call/offer is made. Many times, personals (friends) not returning reference calls is what holds up the process.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining a time when frustrated with a customer and how it was handled.   Answer Question
    N/A

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

Resume Screening, 1st Interview process, 2nd interview process, Background Check, Reference Check, Job Offer, Start Date. There was a couple of weeks between 1st and 2nd interview because of personnel.

Interview Questions
    • What Challenge have you overcome in the past that would help you succedd in our company today?   Answer Question
    Very easy, not much negotiation

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC in January 2015.

Received a call the day after I submitted my resume, which turned into an impromptu phone interview. The recruiter was very friendly and easy to talk to (seemed more like a casual conversation than an interview). He discussed the job requirements and gave a brief company synopsis. Three days later, I met with him and the department supervisor. Both were super people and helped make the interview process not so grueling.

Interview Questions
    • More unexpected questions than difficult. IE..."What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow", "Who would you consider to your best boss and why", "Are you okay with promoting / selling hot dogs" (that one made me laugh...but he had to ask to make sure I was not vegan or had personal vendettas against meat!)   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Speedway LLC.

The interviewer was rude and non professional. There was no handshake. I find handshake should be in every interview process. I have no idea where that went. Very unfriendly which I thought anything to do with customer service that person should be someone what friendly.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Speedway LLC in December 2014.

Had two interviews. First I had one with the recruiter who called me on Monday after I had applied on Friday. When I went she asked just about my previous work experience. A lot of what I did before matched up the job description so the interview clicked. NOTE. I have never been a shift lead before officially. The first interview lasted 30 minutes.
    The next day she called and set me up with the district manager next week for an interview.
    When I got to the interview with him it seemed that he already had his mind made up since I only talked for 5 minutes and he talked the rest of the time explaining benefits and procedure.
    At the end he said "well now all we have to do is wait for your background check and you should be good"
    And literally the next day I got a call saying I got the job. The whole process took a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate. I get paid $9.50 but to be honest with their expantion rate currently and ability for getting a promotion to double that pay I don't mind it.
    Also a thing I didn't know about speedway is that their shift leads get a bonus too not just the store and assistant manager. Pretty cool.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

Interview was held in a parking lot, maybe 5-10 minutes long. District manager did all the talking, the only questioned asked was my availability. Then introduced to the regional trainer who was not wearing a bra.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Speedway LLC.

No actually interview. Received a phone call for an "interview" but recruiter only talked to about the job. No real interview process. Just had to show up and I had the job.

no negotiation

Co-Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Speedway LLC in November 2014.

Excellent, informal, personal. The recruiter laid out the expectations and went over my background - assuring that I understood the process and the expectations to meet my ultimate goal. Immediately let me know about a second interview and the process moving forward and gave me the timeline.

Exellent

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Speedway LLC in November 2014.

Basically I submitted an application and was called in to their recruiting office to interview. The interview lasted a little under a half an hour and we went over what the job responsibilities and expectations were along with what I was looking for and if my desired position would match what they had to offer. Very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find the interview difficult. We discussed my work history and how I have handled customer service related situations in prior jobs and what I was looking for from a company along with other common questions.   Answer Question

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Speedway LLC in October 2014.

My first interview wasn't even near the same town as the job I applied for but they were quick about their decision into interviewing me for a second time a day later. This interview was for a Co manager trainee position which is much lower in the chain.

Interview Questions
    I accepted this position because I didn't have the experience they wanted but I also have a great business degree and can go further than just a Co manager. I'm hoping they stick to their word when they say I'll move up fast in the company.