Spencer Gifts Assistant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Management would have an interview with the district manager and if hired, a background check would be sent in. They dont issue a drug screening test or credit check. The interview process for associates is more laid back.

Interview Questions
  • They have a list of stupid questions they ask everyone who has a interview.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiation the starting pay rate....or I thought.

Other Interview Reviews for Spencer Gifts

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Process is lengthy, but pretty straight forward. Complete an online application, answer their questions about your work history. Get called in for an interview, conduct secondary interview, complete background check and reference calls, get hired.

If you're a sales supervisor, you'll interview often with an AM and an SM, and sometimes with the DSM (though whether you interview with them or not, they have the final say), then go through all the background/reference goodies.

Same with AM's, only you interview with the SM and the DSM, sometimes with a regional manager depending on the store, then do all their background stuff.

A word of advice: the entire process can take up to a month, and they WILL call references, so make sure you have at least 3.

Interview Questions
    • My DSM wanted to know about literally every job I've ever had. So be prepared to do a little recall.   Answer Question
    I negotiated wages after all the interviewing and pre-hiring was done. They wanted 11.25, I talked them to 11.75

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in July 2012.

The process is pretty simple. You apply online and take a test which grades your compatibility to the position. If interested, you are called for an interview with the store manager in person. If you wow the store manager, you are passed along to another store manager in the district for a second interview and then recommended for a final interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current shrink results? How have you contributed to this? What would you do to meet company expectation of lowering shrink   Answer Question
    Pretty much the pay is based off of experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in November 2011.

Just be straight forward with the interviewer. Answer all questions they provide he best honest way you can, they ask questions that mostly consist of your past work exxperience in work situations and how you deal with it. Dress appropriate though nothing too fancy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get your team staff to get motivated?   View Answer
    Like I said be straight forward with your answers. Let them see how you are, and how you can talk with the interviewer. Be social and let loose.

Worked for Spencer Gifts? Contribute to the Community!