Spencer Gifts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Spencer Gifts

Interview Details – online application. first interview with a store manager,second with district manager,third phone interview with regional. very laid back and informal. easy going. interview process took 3 weeks.management was very personable and easy to talk to.very easy informal interview.made me feel comfortable.expectations were layed out on the table for me

Interview Question – very easy questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview Details – Management would have an interview with the district manager and if hired, a background check would be sent in. They dont issue a drug screening test or credit check. The interview process for associates is more laid back.

Interview Question – They have a list of stupid questions they ask everyone who has a interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiation the starting pay rate....or I thought.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Spencer Gifts

Interview Details – Hiring process was quick and easy. Interview was easy. No hard questions were ask. All questions are situation based questions. "Tell me about a time…." etc. Interviewed with District and Regional Managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview Details – Pretty easy to give them the answer they are looking for and it's clear they are just looking for certain things. After you pass the one on one interview you have to do this dumb phone test, which again it is clear the answer they are looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview Details – Got an interview on the spot for a seasonal position. Had to go through 2 interviews and had to demonstrate how I would sell a random product (they have strict sales goals) I had to do a pre-screening via phone to get the job.

Interview Question – What do you know about shoplifting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Waldorf, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very long I came in for the interview called back two days later and they told me I got the job then , about a week passed they said upper management haven't sent back the papers so make a long story short after almost a month of going in and calling they finally got the papers and I could begin unpaid training .

Interview Question – Name a time when an employer asked you to do something and you didn't to do it , did you ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not take it unless it's your first job or cannot find employment anywhere else.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Inventory Control Specialist
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very short. Met with 5 people during first interview. The HR professional was the only "professional" interview I had. My other interviews were quick and to the point. They gave me an assessment on the computer to evaluate my knowledge of excel.

I had a second interview with the SVP of Finance which was much more professional and appropriate.

Interview Question – There weren't many difficult questions. This was a very easy interview with a great deal of dialog.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $3K less than my previous position. I did try and ask for a match because I was driving very far from my house (over 50 miles each way). They advised they were not allowed to go beyond my offered salary and that there was a chance for a bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview Details – Went in for one interview. Basically just sat and talked to the manager for half an hour. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What I would change about the store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Floor Sales Associate Interview

Floor Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview Details – Apply online. Get a call back. Then you will usually meet a store manager for an interview. The interview will be conducted and they will usually get back to you within a week with an offer/no offer decision.

Interview Question – All of the questions are pretty basic - just trying to determine work ethic and willingness to serve the public.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Spencer's pays minimum wage regardless of personal experience.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Interview Details – Friend at Spencer's informed me of position, applied online and interviewed about 2 weeks later. The interview consisted of a quick overview of the job and your work experience, then fairly typical "tell me about a time when..." questions that were to be answered in three parts- the problem, your solution, and the outcome. A week later I was offered the job after they had contacted my references.

Interview Question – What was the approximate square footage of your last employer's store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Spencer Gifts? Contribute to the Community!