Spencer Gifts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in September 2013.

Group interview. Pretty simple. Talked about the store and simple situations, nothing to hard to answer. Even explained how you shouldn't remove your application on their web site because they might come back and hire you on a later date.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite items in the store?   Answer Question
    • If you saw someone stealing (manager), what would you do?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Started with face to face interview with DM, followed by phone screenings through HR rep and RVP. Was offered a job within 3 weeks of initial interview. If you know what you are talking about and demonstrate that you can walk their narrow line of impropriety vs. Spencer's Culture you are good to go. Their mission statement starts with Life's a Party. Just remember that partying is their business, and business needs to make money

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything we sell that you are not comfortable with?   Answer Question
    Small stakes, specialty retail. Quarterly bonus is biased toward higher volume time of year.

Store Manager Interview

online application. first interview with a store manager,second with district manager,third phone interview with regional. very laid back and informal. easy going. interview process took 3 weeks.management was very personable and easy to talk to.very easy informal interview.made me feel comfortable.expectations were layed out on the table for me

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Management would have an interview with the district manager and if hired, a background check would be sent in. They dont issue a drug screening test or credit check. The interview process for associates is more laid back.

Interview Questions
    • They have a list of stupid questions they ask everyone who has a interview.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiation the starting pay rate....or I thought.

Store Manager Interview

Hiring process was quick and easy. Interview was easy. No hard questions were ask. All questions are situation based questions. "Tell me about a time…." etc. Interviewed with District and Regional Managers.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Pretty easy to give them the answer they are looking for and it's clear they are just looking for certain things. After you pass the one on one interview you have to do this dumb phone test, which again it is clear the answer they are looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Got an interview on the spot for a seasonal position. Had to go through 2 interviews and had to demonstrate how I would sell a random product (they have strict sales goals) I had to do a pre-screening via phone to get the job.

No negotiation

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in July 2013.

Very long I came in for the interview called back two days later and they told me I got the job then , about a week passed they said upper management haven't sent back the papers so make a long story short after almost a month of going in and calling they finally got the papers and I could begin unpaid training .

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when an employer asked you to do something and you didn't to do it , did you ?   View Answer
    Do not take it unless it's your first job or cannot find employment anywhere else.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Spencer Gifts in September 2013.

The interview process was very short. Met with 5 people during first interview. The HR professional was the only "professional" interview I had. My other interviews were quick and to the point. They gave me an assessment on the computer to evaluate my knowledge of excel.

I had a second interview with the SVP of Finance which was much more professional and appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions. This was a very easy interview with a great deal of dialog.   Answer Question
    They offered me $3K less than my previous position. I did try and ask for a match because I was driving very far from my house (over 50 miles each way). They advised they were not allowed to go beyond my offered salary and that there was a chance for a bonus.

Sales Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Spencer Gifts.

Went in for one interview. Basically just sat and talked to the manager for half an hour. Was hired on the spot.

No negotiations

Worked for Spencer Gifts? Contribute to the Community!