Spencer Ogden

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Ogden in December 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty basic phone screening by a nice chap, followed by a slightly more serious and abrasive Skype interview. Was called back to come in for and on site interview. The process was a bit long, and was asked a mix of behavioral and stress test type questions. The interview wasn't incredibly difficult, at least not compared to other more technical interviews I have experienced. I can see where a lot of people get discouraged by the abrasive nature of the interviewers. To me, it seemed like they tried very hard to present themselves as a bunch of kids who are way more successful than they should be at this age, although they make it abundantly clear it is not easy. I felt like they were overselling the company and made it seem like the opportunity of a lifetime to work for them. In the end I just couldn't see myself enjoying the job or the company.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, most sales interviews won't ask any trap questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Ogden in November 2013.

Interview Details – I sent my resume and a follow up email and received a call back within a few hours. The gentleman on the phone was incredibly nice and answered all my questions. After my initial phone screening, I was asked to read a few articles printed about the company and call the same person back if I was still interested in the job. I called back and talked to the same gentleman and he decided to set up a Skype interview with one of the directors at the Houston office several days later. I would classify that interview as hostile as the director made a habbit of pointing out how I wasn't a good fit for the job and seeing how I reacted. I apparently kept my cool, because I was asked to drive to Houston for an in person interview. There I spoke with two other directors who asked questions ranging from very general to philosophical. I was told at the end of the interview to go home and really think about the job and if it was something I wanted to do. Recruiting is a hard, often painful job, and every person I spoke with at Spencer Ogden wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. I never called them back and they never contacted me again. They made no attempt to reimburse me for my trip to Houston (a four hour drive and overnight stay), but I also never asked them to. They also made a point to say that anyone could do this job as long as they wanted to and that my high GPA from a top university wasn't impressive in this industry.

The office was incredibly modern and a little bizarre. Everyone was dressed like Wall Street floor traders and talking on wireless headsets.

This simply wasn't the type of job I saw myself enjoying.

Interview Question – One of the younger, but obviously very successful, directors got really philosophical with his questioning. I was warned about this by the previous interviewer and it was funny how right he was. None of the questions were particularly hard, but the gentleman seemed to be really proud of his peculiar methods.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant

Interviewed at Spencer Ogden

Interview Details – Quick interview- three managers, one hardball. Simple questions. Some will stress test though

Interview Question – Describe the recruitment process   Answer Question

Energy Recruiter Interview

Energy Recruiter
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spencer Ogden in May 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. First was a group interview after which you were broken into a groups and have a brain storming session where you come up with a product then market it, similarly to Shark Tank. After this you are selected from the bigger group and told offered another interview with the managing director. If the managing director likes you, and deems you a good fit you are extended an offer.

Interview Question – A three way tie between: what religion do your parents practice, what's your nationality.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Entry Level Recruitment Consultant Interview

Entry Level Recruitment Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview Details – On campus interview -- two men who were EXTREMELY rude and PRETENTIOUS. Asked insulting PERSONAL questions that had nothing to do with the job. (what does your dad do)

Totally crossed the line when it came to professionalism... furthest thing from professional I've experienced. The interview was not an interview it was an attack on your character. They pointed out all of your flaws to see how you would react.

Although they were "impressed with my responses" and told me "most people crumble in this interview" I made it to the next round....But I had absolutely no desire to continue in the process or work for this company.

They need to sort out some sort of standard recruiting system -- my interview "experience" felt an absolute joke.

Interview Question – I guess why Sales? Then once you answer they will tell you everything WRONG about you and sales. Even though they actually like you? Bizzare.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview Details – First round interview with HR personnel. I was informed that there would be 2 more rounds after my first interview. The 2nd interview was with the CEO and I believe the 3rd would be with the existing team of recruitment consultants.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard - Why do you want to work for us? What sort of sales experience do you have etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruitment Consultant Interview Interview

Recruitment Consultant Interview
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview Details – If you are desperate for a job, apply. If you are not, don't waste your time.

1. Phone Interview (Singapore), she was a recent graduate and very immature and unprofessional. Talks over you and doesn't listen but passed the interview.

2. Came in for an Assessment Day however this was very long drawn out process 4-5 hours long. Complete waste of time and childish games. One-On-One just before you leave for the day, one question asked "How do you think you went?" then few mins of negative feedback of yourself (3-5mins).

3. Interview with a senior manager for 25 mins, he is well experienced and seemed like a nice guy then the rest of the interview for another 10mins with the Director (very young), This is the only time I thought it wasn't a waste of time.

Interview Question – What do you think you will be doing for us?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Spencer Ogden in January 2014.

Interview Details – After passing the initial phone interview I was invited to the assessment day with 14 other applicants. The assessment took 4 hours and consisted of individual and group tasks. 1)We were asked to present ourselves in front of the others. 2) We were asked to interview our neighbour and try to sell him/her as a potential recruitment consultant. 3) We were asked to convince the HR team that we are more suitable candidates for the job than the person next to us. 4) Hot air baloon game - survival of the fittest. Each of us received 2 celebrities to choose from and we were to decide which of us would survive. 5) Dragon den group exercise. 6) One-minute interview with a senior manager. After passing this stage there was 1:1 interview with another senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Energy Recruitment Interview

Energy Recruitment

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Spencer Ogden in February 2014.

Interview Details – Fun interactive interview.
Involved interviewers trying to gain an understanding of selling ability
Selling someone else's CV, selling your own, Dragon's den style exercise working with a group to sell something to interviewers.

Interview Question – Selling someone else's CV over yours   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Ogden in July 2013.

Interview Details – 3 stage interview process. 1st round with Head of Office, 2nd round with Head of Region, 3rd with CEO.

Interview Question – Justify why you area good fit for the organisation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple. Gave previous earnings and salary break down. Received offer and then negotiated slightly. Provided with two further options and then chose one.

Worked for Spencer Ogden? Contribute to the Community!