Spencer Ogden Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Got phone call and answer some basic regarding why recruiting, tell your sales experience. Then got s an interview next week for a face to face. Please see below for some of those questions.

Interview Questions

• What motivates u? If things don't go right, what will keep u moving forward? Why do you think most sales people quit? Tell me where you see yourself in 10 years? What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Got a phone call, talked for a while. Was a very unpleasant experience, I decided then and there not to continue. While I was offered a formal interview, I could tell by my phone conversation that I did not want to continue.

Interview Questions

• I was drilled about why I wanted to be a recruiter and the fact that this was my first recruiting interview.   Answer Question

Spencer Ogden Response

Jan 27, 2015 – Director of Talent

Thanks for your feedback regarding your telephone interview with Spencer Ogden. I am sorry that you felt that your experience wasn't pleasant, and this is something we would like to work on. We ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

They brought me into the office which is a big open room with everyone working out in the open. I sat in the only secluded office and waited to meet the internal recruiter. After meeting the internal recruiter I waited to meet with 4 other employees (team leaders, team members). at the end of the interview i meet with the office director and answer the same questions for a 5th time.

Interview Questions

• With your background why would you possibly wanna be a recruiter   1 Answer

Interview

Quick interview- three managers, one hardball. Simple questions. Some will stress test though

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden in December 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic phone screening by a nice chap, followed by a slightly more serious and abrasive Skype interview. Was called back to come in for and on site interview. The process was a bit long, and was asked a mix of behavioral and stress test type questions. The interview wasn't incredibly difficult, at least not compared to other more technical interviews I have experienced. I can see where a lot of people get discouraged by the abrasive nature of the interviewers. To me, it seemed like they tried very hard to present themselves as a bunch of kids who are way more successful than they should be at this age, although they make it abundantly clear it is not easy. I felt like they were overselling the company and made it seem like the opportunity of a lifetime to work for them. In the end I just couldn't see myself enjoying the job or the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, most sales interviews won't ask any trap questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I sent my resume and a follow up email and received a call back within a few hours. The gentleman on the phone was incredibly nice and answered all my questions. After my initial phone screening, I was asked to read a few articles printed about the company and call the same person back if I was still interested in the job. I called back and talked to the same gentleman and he decided to set up a Skype interview with one of the directors at the Houston office several days later. I would classify that interview as hostile as the director made a habbit of pointing out how I wasn't a good fit for the job and seeing how I reacted. I apparently kept my cool, because I was asked to drive to Houston for an in person interview. There I spoke with two other directors who asked questions ranging from very general to philosophical. I was told at the end of the interview to go home and really think about the job and if it was something I wanted to do. Recruiting is a hard, often painful job, and every person I spoke with at Spencer Ogden wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. I never called them back and they never contacted me again. They made no attempt to reimburse me for my trip to Houston (a four hour drive and overnight stay), but I also never asked them to. They also made a point to say that anyone could do this job as long as they wanted to and that my high GPA from a top university wasn't impressive in this industry. The office was incredibly modern and a little bizarre. Everyone was dressed like Wall Street floor traders and talking on wireless headsets. This simply wasn't the type of job I saw myself enjoying.

Interview Questions

• One of the younger, but obviously very successful, directors got really philosophical with his questioning. I was warned about this by the previous interviewer and it was funny how right he was. None of the questions were particularly hard, but the gentleman seemed to be really proud of his peculiar methods.   Answer Question

Energy Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

2 interviews. First was a group interview after which you were broken into a groups and have a brain storming session where you come up with a product then market it, similarly to Shark Tank. After this you are selected from the bigger group and told offered another interview with the managing director. If the managing director likes you, and deems you a good fit you are extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• A three way tie between: what religion do your parents practice, what's your nationality.   1 Answer

Entry Level Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX).

Interview

On campus interview -- two men who were EXTREMELY rude and PRETENTIOUS. Asked insulting PERSONAL questions that had nothing to do with the job. (what does your dad do) Totally crossed the line when it came to professionalism... furthest thing from professional I've experienced. The interview was not an interview it was an attack on your character. They pointed out all of your flaws to see how you would react. Although they were "impressed with my responses" and told me "most people crumble in this interview" I made it to the next round....But I had absolutely no desire to continue in the process or work for this company. They need to sort out some sort of standard recruiting system -- my interview "experience" felt an absolute joke.

Interview Questions

• I guess why Sales? Then once you answer they will tell you everything WRONG about you and sales. Even though they actually like you? Bizzare.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Group interview. One minute you're trying to pitch your fellow interviewees for the position you're all fighting for and the next you're throwing them under the bus by telling the interviewer why you're better for the job. Crazy! I had a couple one on one interviews after that with would-be managers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better than the person you just pitched to me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation since they already give you quite a bit on base salary (considering the industry). I was able to get moving expenses as a loan until my first job placement commission check came in. They didn't have to do that, it was nice to have the support.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview

As a referral, the process was quite simple. It was a couple of calls and face to face meetings with various managers and directors within the business. The first stage was a call with the Talent Director, who later referred me to the EMEA Director and then the Contract Director as well as the Perm Director. After this point, I had conversations with various team leaders to see which team I would fit into best.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous role, toughest challenges, billing figures, knowledge of international markets   Answer Question