Spencer Ogden

Updated Aug 17, 2014
Updated Aug 17, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spencer Ogden in February 2014.

They brought me into the office which is a big open room with everyone working out in the open. I sat in the only secluded office and waited to meet the internal recruiter. After meeting the internal recruiter I waited to meet with 4 other employees (team leaders, team members). at the end of the interview i meet with the office director and answer the same questions for a 5th time.

Interview Questions
    • With your background why would you possibly wanna be a recruiter   View Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Quick interview- three managers, one hardball. Simple questions. Some will stress test though

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spencer Ogden in December 2013.

Pretty basic phone screening by a nice chap, followed by a slightly more serious and abrasive Skype interview. Was called back to come in for and on site interview. The process was a bit long, and was asked a mix of behavioral and stress test type questions. The interview wasn't incredibly difficult, at least not compared to other more technical interviews I have experienced. I can see where a lot of people get discouraged by the abrasive nature of the interviewers. To me, it seemed like they tried very hard to present themselves as a bunch of kids who are way more successful than they should be at this age, although they make it abundantly clear it is not easy. I felt like they were overselling the company and made it seem like the opportunity of a lifetime to work for them. In the end I just couldn't see myself enjoying the job or the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, most sales interviews won't ask any trap questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spencer Ogden in November 2013.

I sent my resume and a follow up email and received a call back within a few hours. The gentleman on the phone was incredibly nice and answered all my questions. After my initial phone screening, I was asked to read a few articles printed about the company and call the same person back if I was still interested in the job. I called back and talked to the same gentleman and he decided to set up a Skype interview with one of the directors at the Houston office several days later. I would classify that interview as hostile as the director made a habbit of pointing out how I wasn't a good fit for the job and seeing how I reacted. I apparently kept my cool, because I was asked to drive to Houston for an in person interview. There I spoke with two other directors who asked questions ranging from very general to philosophical. I was told at the end of the interview to go home and really think about the job and if it was something I wanted to do. Recruiting is a hard, often painful job, and every person I spoke with at Spencer Ogden wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting into. I never called them back and they never contacted me again. They made no attempt to reimburse me for my trip to Houston (a four hour drive and overnight stay), but I also never asked them to. They also made a point to say that anyone could do this job as long as they wanted to and that my high GPA from a top university wasn't impressive in this industry.

The office was incredibly modern and a little bizarre. Everyone was dressed like Wall Street floor traders and talking on wireless headsets.

This simply wasn't the type of job I saw myself enjoying.

Interview Questions
    • One of the younger, but obviously very successful, directors got really philosophical with his questioning. I was warned about this by the previous interviewer and it was funny how right he was. None of the questions were particularly hard, but the gentleman seemed to be really proud of his peculiar methods.   Answer Question

Energy Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spencer Ogden in May 2013.

2 interviews. First was a group interview after which you were broken into a groups and have a brain storming session where you come up with a product then market it, similarly to Shark Tank. After this you are selected from the bigger group and told offered another interview with the managing director. If the managing director likes you, and deems you a good fit you are extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A three way tie between: what religion do your parents practice, what's your nationality.   View Answer

Entry Level Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

On campus interview -- two men who were EXTREMELY rude and PRETENTIOUS. Asked insulting PERSONAL questions that had nothing to do with the job. (what does your dad do)

Totally crossed the line when it came to professionalism... furthest thing from professional I've experienced. The interview was not an interview it was an attack on your character. They pointed out all of your flaws to see how you would react.

Although they were "impressed with my responses" and told me "most people crumble in this interview" I made it to the next round....But I had absolutely no desire to continue in the process or work for this company.

They need to sort out some sort of standard recruiting system -- my interview "experience" felt an absolute joke.

Interview Questions
    • I guess why Sales? Then once you answer they will tell you everything WRONG about you and sales. Even though they actually like you? Bizzare.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spencer Ogden.

very tedious process: 1 phone interview, 1 assessment, 2 rounds of interview with 3 managers
    very time consuming and unnecessary in my opinion. the assessment lasted for 3 hours or more, with various case studies and tasks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of tricky questions along the way ..but theres no right or wrong answer, you just need to be prepared to justify your answers   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spencer Ogden.

First round interview with HR personnel. I was informed that there would be 2 more rounds after my first interview. The 2nd interview was with the CEO and I believe the 3rd would be with the existing team of recruitment consultants.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard - Why do you want to work for us? What sort of sales experience do you have etc.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spencer Ogden.

If you are desperate for a job, apply. If you are not, don't waste your time.

1. Phone Interview (Singapore), she was a recent graduate and very immature and unprofessional. Talks over you and doesn't listen but passed the interview.

2. Came in for an Assessment Day however this was very long drawn out process 4-5 hours long. Complete waste of time and childish games. One-On-One just before you leave for the day, one question asked "How do you think you went?" then few mins of negative feedback of yourself (3-5mins).

3. Interview with a senior manager for 25 mins, he is well experienced and seemed like a nice guy then the rest of the interview for another 10mins with the Director (very young), This is the only time I thought it wasn't a waste of time.

Energy Recruitment Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spencer Ogden in February 2014.

Fun interactive interview.
    Involved interviewers trying to gain an understanding of selling ability
    Selling someone else's CV, selling your own, Dragon's den style exercise working with a group to sell something to interviewers.