Spencer Stuart Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

2.8

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview with basic screening questions. Once selected for an in person interview we worked together to schedule a time that worked. The in person interview was relatively formal, but had a nice conversationalist rhythm. After the in person interview, it took about three days to hear about the position.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview

Applied via company website and received call regarding interview time; arrived and was a bit confused by the office layout and quickly realized the very casual atmosphere of the office. Then engaged in a very casual discussion of experience and resume points; met with multiple people in the department and discussed individuals' backgrounds and job duties, example work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What did you work on while you were at [x]?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview

Very nice - phone interview first (all behavior), mini super-day in their Boston office (also mostly behavioral, talking through resume, etc.); another phone call (behavioral again) with office manager of Stamford office

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a recent research project you've done   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Spencer Stuart (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Long and 'nuanced' (SS's term). I would say it is a bit less pleasant than a nuanced approach would commonly go. Process started in September and ended in December. I spoke with about 12 different interviewers. They all asked me the same questions even when i spoke to them more than once. I had phone interviews, video conferences and in person interviews. Expect to repeat yourself and 'evolve' your answers.

Interview Questions

• I was given a case study to complete over 3 days. 4 slides only, meant to evaluate my ability to synthesize and present data.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview

The process took a couple of months in total, including a few preliminary phone screenings and subsequently a series of in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were largely a review/overview of your resume and tying in relevant correlations to the Associate position. After this round, to my knowledge, was the offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to review one my interviewers resumes and provide an assessment to the consultant as if I were recruiting them as a candidate for their current role at Spencer Stuart.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spencer Stuart (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at Spencer Stuart through an employee referral. The process started with a number of phone interviews and then in-person interviews (be prepared for a few Skype interviews because different associates and consultants work out of different offices). The whole process from start to finish took a very, very long time- about 2.5 months. You have to be willing to be patient and be prepared to interview with a ton of people (I spoke with about 20 in total). The people I interviewed with were all nice but keep in mind that what they do for a living is interview people/assess whether they are the right fit for leadership positions, so you need to be clear about your strengths/weaknesses and why you are a good fit. Make sure you establish connections with everyone you speak to, and just ask them questions about themselves because they all love talking about their experiences. All of the questions they asked me were behavioral, no case questions.

Interview Questions

• There was never really a difficult question, but be sure you know your resume up and down and can speak thoughtfully about everything.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview

Very easy and smooth process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very accommodating

Senior QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spencer Stuart (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

A telephonic first round was followed by a written test.
    Then a F2F interview with Dev lead and IT Manager.
    Past 7 years employment verification is carried out once you get shortlisted for the position with Spencer Stuart

Negotiation

good

Summer Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spencer Stuart (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Due to successful networking, I did not have a first-round interview and skipped right to the second-round. I did have a phone call before my second-round to schedule that interview and so that I could ask questions about the process.

The interview consisted of four back to back 1:1 interviews and collectively they took two hours. Despite the length, the questions were really easy and it was mainly and opportunity to talk about my resume, my background, and to talk about the specifics about the company and the roles.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a city person or more of a suburb/country person?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview

My first interview was just a 15 minute informal talk. I was asked basic questions like "Why Spencer Stuart?" and "Why this job?". Next, I had video interviews with various other people. I spoke to analysts and associates. Some people asked me behavioral and resume questions, but at times I felt as though people were just trying to sell my on the internship. The process was low pressure and very enjoyable.