Spencer Stuart

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Spencer Stuart in January 2014.

Interview Details – Two rounds of purely behavioral interviews. No surprising questions. Just know your background and experience and be able to relate it to the firm and executive search

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They only gave me 24 hours. I wasn't the biggest fan of exec search. I had other possibilities on the table that I wanted more.

Summer Research Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Stuart in February 2014.

Interview Details – Due to successful networking, I did not have a first-round interview and skipped right to the second-round. I did have a phone call before my second-round to schedule that interview and so that I could ask questions about the process.

The interview consisted of four back to back 1:1 interviews and collectively they took two hours. Despite the length, the questions were really easy and it was mainly and opportunity to talk about my resume, my background, and to talk about the specifics about the company and the roles.

Interview Question – Are you more of a city person or more of a suburb/country person?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview Details – My first interview was just a 15 minute informal talk. I was asked basic questions like "Why Spencer Stuart?" and "Why this job?". Next, I had video interviews with various other people. I spoke to analysts and associates. Some people asked me behavioral and resume questions, but at times I felt as though people were just trying to sell my on the internship. The process was low pressure and very enjoyable.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to much work to handle.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Spencer Stuart in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact from a referral, lots of emails. Met with OM and hiring partner and was invited back to meet with hiring partner and MD of the office. They
asked for comp and references. And never heard from them again.

Interview Question – How did you react in a difficult situation and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Spencer Stuart in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round interviews are with the Administrative Manager. 2nd round interviews are with a couple of tenured EAs. 3rd round is with the consultant the EA would be supporting.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a time when you had to manage multiple projects that were all at different phases, while working with people who had different styles?

Can you walk me through some of the key things you did to manage that process?

What did you do?

How did you do it?

What was the result?
  Answer Question

IT Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter for an IT position. After an initial phone screen with a recruiter was scheduled for an onsite interview within a few days. The interview consisted of first talking with the hiring manager for a few minutes followed by a panel interview conducted by a few IT personnel. About half way through the interview I decided that the culture wasn't a great fit for me. While people seemed friendly and the office was rather updated I got the impression that Work/Life balance would be an issue. I also realized that this was going to be especially true considering I would need to take the train from the suburbs every day which would amount to a long and expensive commute.

Interview Question – Various technical questions relating to the job.   Answer Question

Candidate for Recruitment Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Spencer Stuart in July 2013.

Interview Details – I am very much so interested in working for Spencer Stuart Company. I am to speak with a recruiter in a couple of days. How do recruitment work with this company? Is there a such thing as internet recruiting because I live no where near a company/

Interview Question – What is some of the things that a recruiter would want me to do?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Spencer Stuart

Interview Details – I had a first round alum phone screening while taking a tap after 5-hour classes. I misunderstood the roles I was applying to so the conversation went strangely interesting as the interview asked me why the role and got completely confused by what I was saying...

Interview Question – Why we hire you   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spencer Stuart.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter about the position. Initially had a phone interview with the recruiter before being informed that I was being brought in for an interview. I had a total of two interviews, with the first one being the technical interview with the group manager and his employees. The second interview was with upper management (CTO, CFO and IT department manager).

Negotiation Details – Had to negotiate to get the same pay as current job.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Spencer Stuart in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the manager of Spencer Stuart because the manager saw my resume and thought I was a good fit for the position. After the description of the position, I concurred with the manager's assessment. A week later, I had a phone interview with one of associates at Spencer Stuart. I was asked about my experience, my education, and my interests. Two later, I had an interview. The interview consisted of a case study.

Interview Question – What are you 5 strengths and 5 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spencer Stuart

Worked for Spencer Stuart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spencer Stuart interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Spencer Stuart employees and interview candidates.