Spherion Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.3

Temp-to-hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Spherion (Elkhart, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

The pre-interview work was simple and easy, however the interview was a little more aggravating. As soon as it was noted that I needed to have the Sabbath Day off, I was automatically dismissed. She quickly became passive-aggressive and refused to even finish the interview, because of my religious belief limitations. All I needed was 1 day off per week, but she refused to even attempt to accommodate that. This is what the government refers to as "religious discrimination in the workplace", and I'll be contacting the EEOC in regards to this. Apparently only atheists can work for this company.

Interview Questions

• "Can you pass a drug screen?"   1 Answer

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spherion (Johnstown, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First, it was basically just questions about my availability and what kind of work I wanted. Things like that. I signed some paperwork.Second, I went into another room and filled out paperwork. Then they asked me about some of the stuff on the paperwork I did. Then I went back into the other room and did a short skills test for light industrial, which included math, shapes, safety, etc. There was one another candidate there. We were told about Spherion policies and watched a video about Spherion employment and safety policies.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift up to 50 pounds?   1 Answer

Temp/Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spherion.

Interview

Called in to their office in down town Jax. Was asked for ID, references, and some other paperwork before the interview. Then, I actually met with the recruiter who called me in. Basic questions, nothing hard. The interview seemed to only last 10 minutes. 2 weeks later no follow up and no answer to follow up emails. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend.

Executive Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spherion (Frederick, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Molly Fraley of Spherion in Frederick, MD is one of the best interviewers I have ever met. Her calm and kind demeanor and her ability to bring out the best in an interviewee were apparent from the beginning. I knew when we stopped talking like interviewer & interviewee that we could really get down to the things I wanted in a career changes and the things I didn't. She has been fabulous.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to return to corporate? What sort of placement was I looking for? What sort of business culture did I feel most comfortable in? In short, where would I be comfortable when placed.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spherion.

Interview

For a job paying less than 24K a year, I was bewildered at the fact that I have 3 interviews for it. Each interview was very obscure as it related to the salary. When I finally met with the franchise owners, they were nice but you could see the concern of turnover in their eyes. It didn't take long to see why.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. My advice would be not to settle if you can afford to.

Packeer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Spherion (Johnstown, PA).

Interview

Group interview followed by short question and answer. Group interview consisted of video and slide show explaining rules and guidelines of Spherrion Staffing. One on one talk consisted of ones intwrests in job placement.

Warehouse Temp Interview

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. I applied to their services as placing me as a temp somewhere and they quickly got back to me. All I had to do after that was a quick test, testing my reading comprehension and other things. Once I completed the test, they called me scheduled a orientation date.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question is whether I would enjoy being in a corporate atmosphere.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative(Temp) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Spherion (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very nice and polite gentlemen, asked many questions, but over all, great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly pay

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spherion.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was pretty standard questions you would expect from a HR personnel   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Spherion.

Interview

Submittal of resume. Online application and testing. Then, interview with Spherion Manager. Call the office, frequently, to inform them that you are available for work until they place you.

Interview Questions

• Starting with your most recent employment, explain work history in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I recommend others to be persistent and call the office frequently to let them know your availability until they find work for you.