Spherion Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.3

Temporary Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Spherion (Columbia, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called about 2 hours before the interview to ask me to come in for the interview. I agreed, despite it being so last minute. I was told I would be interviewing with one person, but there were three people. I was also sent job details for a completely different position than the interview was actually for.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview was uncomfortable because I was interviewing with three people instead of one, unlike I was originally told, and the job details were entirely different from the actual interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Spherion in June 2010.

Interview

Very long process. Background check and references are time consuming for managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle your work and personal life without letting one get in the way of the other?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Spherion (Richmond, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager who was a former manager. I applied for the job on line and was contacted by the recruiter (a former coworker) for a preliminary phone interview. I then went into the company and interviewed with the hiring manager and five other people. I did receive a phone call that another candidate had been chose but believe I only received the call rather than an e-mail due to my previous relationship with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you were in conflict with your manager and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Spherion (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Played phone tag with remote office for a week and a half, finally got a face-to-face interview locally. Was extended a job offer, only to have it revoked less than three hours later, with no explanation. This was an exceptionally frustrating, misleading and disappointing experience. Once the process was over, it was as if I never existed; I received no further response from either office.

Interview Questions

• How would you compensate for not having direct experience in the field in which this position takes place?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Spherion (Pasadena, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was set up through the agency. I was asked to come to Pasadena to interview with the head of the dept of a client and given a couple of time and date options. I dressed up, but not in a suit, as it was a Friday. Questions asked were typical - best and worst qualities, rate your ability to prioritize, deal with pressure. The interviewer said she would make a decision by a certain date and she did. I sent a thank you to her and the agency heard back from her within a short time after that. SEND A THANK YOU NOTE!

Recruiting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion in September 2010.

Interview

Clear, concise. Detailed duties description

Human Resources Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Spherion (Reno, NV) in December 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by Spherion who had my resume on file for a job at Microsoft Licensing. Interviews went very well however it did take them a long time to get back to me about the position and when they wanted me to start.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up? Thought it was an odd question...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated more money on an hourly basis but not much as I was already taking a huge pay cut due to personal circumstances in my life. The hiring manager was great and did what he could but most of the decisions about salary were out of his hands due to the contract in place with Microsoft Licensing.

Price Protection Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion (Redmond, WA) in June 2007.

Interview

My initial offer to come for an interview was via phone.
    The interview itself was very relaxed; took place in a fairly empty cafeteria and took only about 20-30 minutes.
    Besides the typical questions, one that stood out the most was a question on how you might go about measuring the traffic volume on Interstate-90, particularly as it passes of Mercer Island. I found this question valuable as the interviewer was able to get an accurate sense for my thought process and problem solving abilities.
    The job offer came within a few days of the interview, via phone.

Interview Questions

• How might you go about measuring the volume of traffic on I-90, particularly as the point where it passes over Mercer Island?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

RPO Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Spherion in October 2009.

Interview

Very positive experience. Personal growth opportunities and experienced teams.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am satisfied with my offer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Spherion (Rockford, IL) in August 2007.

Interview

Applied online for an open position in a field that I worked 7 years in. Received a phone call asking for interview and had a 1on 1 interview with the VP of Finance. The interview took approx 2 hours and I was also interviewed by the accounting manager at the end of my interview with the VP. Interview went well and both parties were positive about my personality and skill level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your present organization?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict resolution with co-workers?   1 Answer